There are 133 users in the forums

2009 Salaries Released by USATODAY.com

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/teamdetail.aspx?team=27&year=2009&loc=interstitialskip

You can sort by yr, player, team, pos, etc.....

some interesting numbers.

I was off on like only 4 or 5 players, and they were i believe the new players, like Crabtree, Jones, and then extensions for Haralson, Nedney, Jennings.
the brandon jones contract is the only one that sticks out on there
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
the brandon jones contract is the only one that sticks out on there

Front loaded contract. It'll decline in a year or two at most.

But WTF McCloughan - you better f**king extend Patrick Willis this offseason.
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
patrick willis earning 500k??

WTF??? this is taking advantage of him, he's our best player best contributor, most consistant player and you're paying him peasant money??? WTF, just because he is humble doesn't mean you can just be a asshle and fkin give him waterboy money

F U SCOTT MCCLUELESS
Originally posted by ptinerocket:

WTF??? this is taking advantage of him, he's our best player best contributor, most consistant player and you're paying him peasant money??? WTF, just because he is humble doesn't mean you can just be a asshle and fkin give him waterboy money

F U SCOTT MCCLUELESS

His real salary is the 3 million cap value you see on the end. I think that's after all the incentives and stuff. Even that isn't what he should be earning though, we need to pay him like 15 mill per year. He's worth it.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

F U SCOTT MCCLUELESS

His real salary is the 3 million cap value you see on the end. I think that's after all the incentives and stuff. Even that isn't what he should be earning though, we need to pay him like 15 mill per year. He's worth it.

More like 15 million per game. Pay this dude whatever he wants and go onto the next guy... should be as easy a contract negotation as we've ever seen IMO.
Patrick Willis will be well taken care of on his next extension. Hopefully they will announce an extension this offseason.
a couple interesting notes.

Justin Smith was the 4th highest paid DE in 2009

Nate and Michael Lewis didnt break the top 10 in there positions.

Haralson was 13th highest among all LB'ers.

Willis as you can see is vastly underpaid for his performance.

Sopoaga 12th highest paid DT(even though he plays DE, he is listed at DT). and Franklin isnt near the top 25 at all.

Staley was highest paid OL, beating out Jason peters only cause of his enormous 11M Roster Bonus.

Vernon was 5th highest paid TE.

none of the WR's were close to the top 25.

Alex is right out of the top 20 in QB.

and Gore is 6th highest paid RB.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Sopoaga 12th highest paid DT(even though he plays DE, he is listed at DT). and Franklin isnt near the top 25 at all.

Staley was highest paid OL, beating out Jason peters only cause of his enormous 11M Roster Bonus.

Smith a good player but he's not a top 10 DE. Parys got outran by McNabb the team should be looking for a refund. How does Staley's roster bonus affect the remaining years on his contract. so far he's been average i'm looking for him to really step it up next year.

Soon VD and Willis are gonna want the most money at their positions.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Smith a good player but he's not a top 10 DE. Parys got outran by McNabb the team should be looking for a refund. How does Staley's roster bonus affect the remaining years on his contract. so far he's been average i'm looking for him to really step it up next year.

Soon VD and Willis are gonna want the most money at their positions.

Staley will have minimal salary cap numbers for his deal.

Smith may or may not be top 10, but he has been a force for us, and deserves every penny. He may not get 10 sacks a yr, but he is disruptive IMO.

F U SCOTT MCCLUELESS

Ignorance.

F U SCOTT MCCLUELESS

i like it. willis is only playing hard to get paid and then he won't be play as well anymore
one more salary related item, i also keep track of the vikings cap numbers, its my dads team.

And the comparison is unbeleivable.

We have 87M in commited salaries, and they(Vikes) have 120M+ in commited salaries.

and Favre and Jared Allen combine for over 25M together for 2010.
one more salary related item, i also keep track of the vikings cap numbers, its my dads team.

And the comparison is unbeleivable.

We have 87M in commited salaries, and they(Vikes) have 120M+ in commited salaries.

and Favre and Jared Allen combine for over 25M together for 2010.

Holy s**t though, Staley and Justin Smith at 11 and 10 million salaries. That is a lot of money for two guys.
some interesting 2010 figures for the Niners.

We have 25 Players making 1M or more.

of those 25, 20 IMO are considered starters heading into the 2010 offseason

They are.

QB Alex Smith, RB Frank Gore, FB Moran Norris, WR Michael Crabtree, TE Vernon Davis, C Eric Heitmann, OT Joe Staley, OT Adam Snyder, DE Justin Smith, DE Isaac Sopoaga, OLB Manny Lawson, OLB Parys Haralson, ILB Patrick Willis, ILB Takeo Spikes, CB Nate Clements, CB Shawntae Spencer, SS Michael Lewis, PK Joe Nedney, P Andy Lee and LS Brian Jennings

while 1 is a key members of the offense(Delanie Walker), while 1 has potential(Kentwan Balmer) but needs to show it. 1 was a big signing(Brandon Jones) and needs more PT, and the other 2(Shaun Hill and Demetric Evans) are Backups.

Biggest Bargains outside of the 1M+ mark are.

Josh Morgan, at $496,500K
Ray McDonald, $698,125K
Tarell Brown, $94,250K (He might be making over a mill, not sure on exact structure of his extension)
Dashon Goldson, $653,221K(Will be over a mill soon once he gets extension)

Now of the 25 over a Mill, only Alex, Shaun Hill, Vernon, Demetric Evans and Manny Lawson are FA's after 2009.

the only other key 2010 FA's are, Goldson, McDonald, J.Hill

So, our 2011 FA's are scheduled to be.

QB Alex Smith
QB Shaun Hill
FB Brit Miller
WR Jason Hill
TE Vernon Davis (Likely Franchised if no extension in 2010 OffSeason)
OG Tony Wragge
OT Chris Patrick
DE Ray McDonals
DE Demetric Evans
OLB Manny Lawson
OLB Diyral Briggs
ILB Takeo Spikes
FS Dashon Goldson
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Jan 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone