There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010 NFL PRO BOWL TEAM SELECTION THREAD

Chad Ocho Cinco on twitter

Just been informed myself nor any of my teammates made the Pro Bowl-bengal fans we wouldn't be abe to play in it anyway! SUPER BOWL BABY!!!
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Slash49:
Is DRC really pro-bowl material

yes

I seen him get burnt so many times

that's just one of the few ones
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Dec 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
witten over gonzo?
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
I am really bummed that DHB didn't make it. He of all people deserved to go.
Only mild complaints about Matt Schaub and London fletcher
Rookies in the Pro Bowl:
Brian Cushing
Jairus Byrd
Brian Orakpo

All deserving in my opinion, but I'm surprised that Clay Matthews didn't make it.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Rookies in the Pro Bowl:
Brian Cushing
Jairus Byrd
Brian Orakpo

All deserving in my opinion, but I'm surprised that Clay Matthews didn't make it.

A comforting thought is that none were drafted in the top 10. Hopefully we have the same luck. Orakpo will be a monster when the new coach puts him at DE where he belongs.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TX9R:
Rookies in the Pro Bowl:
Brian Cushing
Jairus Byrd
Brian Orakpo

A comforting thought is that none were drafted in the top 10. Hopefully we have the same luck. Orakpo will be a monster when the new coach puts him at DE where he belongs.

IDK Orakpo seemingly is being used correctly thus far....SLB in the base D and rush end in the nickel package. It allows for a better run stopper to play on the line in the base package and it still allows him to use his pass rush ability all while getting more playing time. If he plays strictly at DE he would likely not be in the base package and see a lot fewer snaps per game.
Bryant Mckinnie doesnt deserve to be in. He is getting torn up.

No Vincent jackson? Witten over Gonzo?
V Jackson should be the alternate #5 the other 4 wr's are all better and had better years.

As far as the bengals Ochocinco did not deserve to go over the 4 as well as Jackson, he should be #6, Palmer, no way and Benson WOULD have gone but the injury put him behind RICE

Same goes for Gore and Turner they both should of gone instead of Williams and Jackson (Gore had a better avg, almost as many yards, more rec, rec yds, rec td's and td's than williams WOW!) but both missed a few games like Benson.

DRCromartie should not of made it by a longshot. CB that should of made it over him
Spencer-SF
Newman-Dal
Tillman-CHI
Harris-GB (even with the injury)
Talib-TB
Brown-PHI

all played better and got burned less than DRC.....
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Rookies in the Pro Bowl:
Brian Cushing
Jairus Byrd
Brian Orakpo

IDK Orakpo seemingly is being used correctly thus far....SLB in the base D and rush end in the nickel package. It allows for a better run stopper to play on the line in the base package and it still allows him to use his pass rush ability all while getting more playing time. If he plays strictly at DE he would likely not be in the base package and see a lot fewer snaps per game.

Teams really take advantage of him when in coverage. smart teams force him to have to cover and not pass rush from that spot. The only reason they use him at the SLB is b/c they just had a super huge whole at that. But I'm sure he'll improve over time. But either way the guy never stops working and going after the qb. Alot is made about having Haynesworth but Haynesworth has been hurt every other snap for the skins, and in Orakpo's 4 sack game he didn't even play.
The NFC's #1 in receptions is not in the Pro Bowl? Steve Smith of NYG.

#1 in receptions, #3 in receiving yards
Originally posted by SacRock14:
The NFC's #1 in receptions is not in the Pro Bowl? Steve Smith of NYG.

#1 in receptions, #3 in receiving yards

Forgot about him. He did get screwed.
I cracks me up that people get so upset over certain guys not making it, or nobody from this or that team.

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. It is not a measure of the best players from that year. That's what the All Pro Team is for. The Pro Bowl is who the fans want to see, and then the players and coaches take care of a few other deserving guys, for the most part.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I cracks me up that people get so upset over certain guys not making it, or nobody from this or that team.

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. It is not a measure of the best players from that year. That's what the All Pro Team is for. The Pro Bowl is who the fans want to see, and then the players and coaches take care of a few other deserving guys, for the most part.

I can't remember the last time I watched a Pro Bowl.