LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

Mutiny? Bucs consider ousting first-year coach Morris, call Cowher

Shop 49ers game tickets
From NFL.com:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers officials have reached out to former Super Bowl-winning coach Bill Cowher about possibly coaching the team in 2010, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Cowher, who has been an analyst at CBS since he retired from coaching after the 2006 season, was very close to returning to the NFL last offseason and could come back in 2010 if the right situation presents itself.

The Bucs have tried to gauge Cowher's interest should they decide to make a move regarding Raheem Morris, who has endured a difficult first season as head coach. But Cowher's stance through this season has been clear: He will not interview for any jobs during the season and will not talk about any positions that aren't already vacant.

The Bucs declined to comment about this situation after being contacted Saturday.

The Buffalo Bills also reached out to Cowher after Dick Jauron was fired and replaced by interim coach Perry Fewell, but he declined to interview for that job last month for the same reasons. And while the Bills aren't on Cowher's radar, the longtime Pittsburgh Steelers coach has looked at the Chicago Bears, Houston Texans and Carolina Panthers as potentially intriguing situations, according to sources.

----------------

Looks like Cowher will be returning some time this year, it'll be interesting to see where he goes. By the way, never has there been a more lost HC than Morris.

-9fA
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
From NFL.com:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers officials have reached out to former Super Bowl-winning coach Bill Cowher about possibly coaching the team in 2010, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Cowher, who has been an analyst at CBS since he retired from coaching after the 2006 season, was very close to returning to the NFL last offseason and could come back in 2010 if the right situation presents itself.

The Bucs have tried to gauge Cowher's interest should they decide to make a move regarding Raheem Morris, who has endured a difficult first season as head coach. But Cowher's stance through this season has been clear: He will not interview for any jobs during the season and will not talk about any positions that aren't already vacant.

The Bucs declined to comment about this situation after being contacted Saturday.

The Buffalo Bills also reached out to Cowher after Dick Jauron was fired and replaced by interim coach Perry Fewell, but he declined to interview for that job last month for the same reasons. And while the Bills aren't on Cowher's radar, the longtime Pittsburgh Steelers coach has looked at the Chicago Bears, Houston Texans and Carolina Panthers as potentially intriguing situations, according to sources.

----------------

Looks like Cowher will be returning some time this year, it'll be interesting to see where he goes. By the way, never has there been a more lost HC than Morris.

-9fA

The Raheem Morris hire reminds me a lot of Dennis Erickson. It brought the reaction of "who the f**k" to their entire fan base.

I don't think John Fox gets fired in Carolina now. At the same time, I don't think the Bills are an attractive option for Cowher. With the Buccaneers, Bill has the opportunity to redefine the franchise from the ground up.

You already got your franchise QB and capable running backs on that team. With rumors flying that Bruce Arians (current Steelers OC) is going to get canned at the end of the season, I could see Cowher and Arians transforming that team to playoff contenders in 2 years.

And Freeman reminds me a lot of Rothlesburger.
Raheem deserves another year at least. He was put in a fu*ed up siuation to begin with at least give him a chance to succeedd.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Raheem deserves another year at least. He was put in a fu*ed up siuation to begin with at least give him a chance to succeedd.

I disagree.

He couldn't even pick out this coaching staff properly and had to resort to firing to firing both his coordinators before the start of the season. To his credit, he has a young QB who's shown some potential but they are severely lacking on the defensive side of the ball.

-9fA
Not if they win this game...wow.
Share 49ersWebzone