There are 202 users in the forums

Redskins in talks with Shanahan

Shop 49ers game tickets
ESPN & The Denver Post reporting that the Skins are in talks with Shanny.
Come April look for Clausen to be there.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Gruden is rumored to have said he won't coach in 2010 (smart move since 2 other high profile coaches will be above his name on team's wish lists this year, he could garner more attention in 2011) and Snyder apparently wants Shanny despite Gruden likely being Allen's 1st choice due to their relationship.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Not so sure. St.Louis needs to decide if McCoy, Tebow, Lefevour & Pike are potential QB's to build their franchise around if not they will likely have to take Clausen or Bradford over Suh. Golden rule in football is to never pass on a franchise QB if you don't have one.

Don't discount Cleveland as a team also possibly interested in a QB as well. And Buffalo, Denver & Seattle could trade up (hell even our 9ers could if they fall in love with one of those kids and decide Smith is not the future).
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Not so sure. St.Louis needs to decide if McCoy, Tebow, Lefevour & Pike are potential QB's to build their franchise around if not they will likely have to take Clausen or Bradford over Suh. Golden rule in football is to never pass on a franchise QB if you don't have one.

Don't discount Cleveland as a team also possibly interested in a QB as well. And Buffalo, Denver & Seattle could trade up (hell even our 9ers could if they fall in love with one of those kids and decide Smith is not the future).

Very true but I think St Louis goes with Bradford. As for Cleveland they will stay with Quinn, also I cant see them drafting another Notre Dame QB this soon. Quinn's play as been better, he just needs help in the form of a RB which I believe will be Spiller. So next in line is Wash which I really think will be Clausen's home and I think he would be great there. I cant see Denver going after a QB in round 1 and Seattle I think could wait till round 2 for a QB. Buffalo is an interesting idea but they would have to trade up ahead of Washington and if Snyder feels pressure he would do what is necessary to secure Clausen (if he is on the radar).
  • evil
  • Veteran

Very true but I think St Louis goes with Bradford. As for Cleveland they will stay with Quinn, also I cant see them drafting another Notre Dame QB this soon. Quinn's play as been better, he just needs help in the form of a RB which I believe will be Spiller. So next in line is Wash which I really think will be Clausen's home and I think he would be great there. I cant see Denver going after a QB in round 1 and Seattle I think could wait till round 2 for a QB. Buffalo is an interesting idea but they would have to trade up ahead of Washington and if Snyder feels pressure he would do what is necessary to secure Clausen (if he is on the radar).

I think Cleveland needs to give Quinn a WR, a TE and a RB. He needs better weapons in the passing game.

Seattle will be interesting, if they fall in love with either Bradford or Clausen they could move up, but one of those QB needs to blow them away if not I would not be surprised if they take McCoy with their 2nd first rounder.

Detroit, Cleveland and KC are in a very very good spot should Buffalo look to one of the top 2 QB's in this draft. They need to do a good job of blowing smoke that will say otherwise to fend Washington off from jumping ahead of them though as like you mentioned if Snyder feels they pose a threat he may command Allen to go get his QB.

I think Cleveland needs to give Quinn a WR, a TE and a RB. He needs better weapons in the passing game.

Seattle will be interesting, if they fall in love with either Bradford or Clausen they could move up, but one of those QB needs to blow them away if not I would not be surprised if they take McCoy with their 2nd first rounder.

Detroit, Cleveland and KC are in a very very good spot should Buffalo look to one of the top 2 QB's in this draft. They need to do a good job of blowing smoke that will say otherwise to fend Washington off from jumping ahead of them though as like you mentioned if Snyder feels they pose a threat he may command Allen to go get his QB.

Not to get off topic

But your assessment of Cle is spot on!! I really think they target Spiller at 3, I know Berry is discussed here but their D is actually pretty good. If he falls to the 2nd Mardy Gilyard would be a wise pickup and he's a local guy who can play in the snow. As for TE I really like the idea of Colin Peek in the 3rdish range for them. Loading the O full of playmakers will be key to Quinn's development.
good i hope he goes there, so people can stop wanting him here
Poor Jim Zorn, it's gotta suck knowing they're looking for your replacement.

If I was him, I'd just do crazy s**t: punt on 2nd down, play Randle-El at QB, always go for 2, always go for it on 4th down (if you didn't punt on 2nd down). Get crazy with it.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Not to get off topic

But your assessment of Cle is spot on!! I really think they target Spiller at 3, I know Berry is discussed here but their D is actually pretty good. If he falls to the 2nd Mardy Gilyard would be a wise pickup and he's a local guy who can play in the snow. As for TE I really like the idea of Colin Peek in the 3rdish range for them. Loading the O full of playmakers will be key to Quinn's development.

If I am Cleveland I take Berry at 3. They lack a playmaker in that secondary and a big time playmaker back there will help the entire front 7. I look at Dwyer in the 2nd to continue to try and be more of a smash mouth run team. I address TE via FA (Daniels should he hit if not Scaife or Scheffler). Since they took 2 2nd round WR's last year I bring in a veteran WR and draft another in the 3rd (along the lines of Shipley/Briscoe/Decker).

And they need to get Holmgren. He may or may not be the savior but he will bring a positive buzz to the city and keep fans interested in the team (especially season ticket holders). It's looking bleak for them to get Shanny (whom they should have already brought in by now) even though they could offer him something Washington can't....a HC/GM position. Holmgren would likely hire Zorn (IMHO) to be the QB coach on the staff he and whomever the HC he hires and Zorn did a pretty good job helping to develop Hasslebeck up in Seattle.

Wonder how long Shanahan stays there under Snyder...

-9fA
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Poor Jim Zorn, it's gotta suck knowing they're looking for your replacement.

If I was him, I'd just do crazy s**t: punt on 2nd down, play Randle-El at QB, always go for 2, always go for it on 4th down (if you didn't punt on 2nd down). Get crazy with it.

He can't, he was stripped of his play calling duties. He is the relay man however as Sherman Lewis calls the plays to Zorn who relays them to Campbell, however should he change the playcall he would give Snyder a reason to file a grievance with the league after he fires him and allow Snyder NOT to pay him the balance of the contract. He never quit because he wants Snyder to fire his ass so he can still get paid.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Apparently they are friends so possibly a long time so long as Snyder doesn't meddle in Shanny and Allen's business.

Not to get off topic

If I am Cleveland I take Berry at 3. They lack a playmaker in that secondary and a big time playmaker back there will help the entire front 7. I look at Dwyer in the 2nd to continue to try and be more of a smash mouth run team. I address TE via FA (Daniels should he hit if not Scaife or Scheffler). Since they took 2 2nd round WR's last year I bring in a veteran WR and draft another in the 3rd (along the lines of Shipley/Briscoe/Decker).

And they need to get Holmgren. He may or may not be the savior but he will bring a positive buzz to the city and keep fans interested in the team (especially season ticket holders). It's looking bleak for them to get Shanny (whom they should have already brought in by now) even though they could offer him something Washington can't....a HC/GM position. Holmgren would likely hire Zorn (IMHO) to be the QB coach on the staff he and whomever the HC he hires and Zorn did a pretty good job helping to develop Hasslebeck up in Seattle.

I know Berry is the smarter choice to due simply draft grade but I hope they take Spiller....I'm hoping for a Crabtree scenario again. Dwyer would bring a smash mouth element but I don't think he makes it out of the 1st. I have seen Best slipping to the 2nd but I'm not sure if he's going to declare. Waiting till the 2nd for a RB could land them without one.

Considering they have a lot of picks this year I say go back to the mantra build through the draft. I would shy away from FA and load on young kids across the board. I think most of the TE's you listed will be resigned to the respective teams.

Regarding Holmgren I really don't know if he will go there, I think if Seattle offers him the GM job he may jump at it in the end.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Apparently they are friends so possibly a long time so long as Snyder doesn't meddle in Shanny and Allen's business.

He's a born meddler, though, isn't he?
Share 49ersWebzone