LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Calvin Johnson on trading block!?

Shop 49ers game tickets
espn insider says so but I can't read it: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

I'm confused, why in the hell would they trade their rookie QB's safety blanket?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Bulls**t. Pure bulls**t.

Unless he's unhappy in Detroit, there's no way you take a way a top 5 WR in the league from a developing QB in Stafford.
why not?

They could fill holes with the picks they get (maybe draft Dez Bryant)

Of course im not saying Bryant = Megatron

But if Detroit feels they get a good deal, then they could trade him.

I personally wouldnt.
i would, the franchise isn't going anywhere anytime soon. why not trade him for plenty of picks that could help them make that turn sooner ?
rumor shot down

it would be funny though, after all those drafts of taking a wide receiver, they trade the one that actually worked out lol
Originally posted by teeohh:
rumor shot down

it would be funny though, after all those drafts of taking a wide receiver, they trade the one that actually worked out lol

and to take dex bryant with with on of the picks.

hmm i would give up boith 1sts and our 2nd right now no worries about it. hell i will throw in next yeas 1st if it would get it done.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
rumor shot down

hmm i would give up boith 1sts and our 2nd right now no worries about it. hell i will throw in next yeas 1st if it would get it done.

3 firsts and a second? Am I understanding you correctly?

Originally posted by English:
rumor shot down

Yes you are. It is a little steep but I am not sure any 2 plyers we would get would equal Him. Unless we end up with a top 10 pick then no.
Let's trade Battle for him. I mean who wouldn't want a clutch guy that is a PR on top of it?
Because they may get a better safety blanket for the QB in return by getting some linemen.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
rumor shot down

Yes you are. It is a little steep but I am not sure any 2 plyers we would get would equal Him. Unless we end up with a top 10 pick then no.

Ummm ? That is NOT weed you been smokin' homey
rumor shot down

and that is why he's not a General Manger of an NFL team folks. You never trade 3 FIRST round picks for a wide-receiver, never. I would trade 3 first round picks for a Qb in a heart beat, only if that Qb had the last name Brees, Manning(Peyton) or Brady. Only those three players are worth 3 first rounders, imo.
Share 49ersWebzone