Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
the guy made a lot of mistakes. but he didn't deserve to die.

RIP.

I don't understand this statement. "He didn't deserve to die."

A 7 year-old caught in the crossfire of a drive-by doesn't deserve to die.

Henry's unthoughtful actions were the direct cause of his death. He did deserve to die but his family is the one taking the hit.

how does anybody deserve to die, with the exception of some despicable criminals which Henry was not.

deserve means you receive consequences befitting of your actions. He chose to jump on a moving vehicle driven by an unstable person........a resulting injury is a befitting consequence of that action....and death is a befitting consequence of receiving a serious injury.

that's a nice clinical analysis, but this is someone's LIFE that was lost. Not deserved, IMHO.

by mistakes i mean the collective mistakes he made through out his life. all the arrests he got to build his negative persona. based on THOSE actions, he did not deserve to die. jumping in the back of a moving vehicle was dumb.

but he's did not "have it coming to him"

I think it mainly is a problem with terminology, thats all.

Because if we are going to say "He didn't deserve to die" about every good person who acted recklessly at the end.......well then, how do you then REALLY distinguish even more sympathetic stories like the 7rd old girl who took a stray bullet from a drive by shooting ??? You see?

Thats why for this story, the "term" "He didn't deserve to die", is not the most appropriate thing to say.

"He did not have it coming" Thats better.

I still disagree with that. Once he jumped in the bed of a moving pickup pounding on the back window, he did have it coming.

I think the better term should be, "He was finally looking good at the turn but just couldn't avoid that last hurdle."

RIP (short and to the point)

Doesn't matter how he died and how we should say it as, he had a future wife and three kids, and should be left alone after that...

Loved him at WV, wanted us to pick him up last year...

RIP.

Henry's unthoughtful actions were the direct cause of his death. He did deserve to die but his family is the one taking the hit.

how does anybody deserve to die, with the exception of some despicable criminals which Henry was not.

deserve means you receive consequences befitting of your actions. He chose to jump on a moving vehicle driven by an unstable person........a resulting injury is a befitting consequence of that action....and death is a befitting consequence of receiving a serious injury.

that's a nice clinical analysis, but this is someone's LIFE that was lost. Not deserved, IMHO.

by mistakes i mean the collective mistakes he made through out his life. all the arrests he got to build his negative persona. based on THOSE actions, he did not deserve to die. jumping in the back of a moving vehicle was dumb.

Because if we are going to say "He didn't deserve to die" about every good person who acted recklessly at the end.......well then, how do you then REALLY distinguish even more sympathetic stories like the 7rd old girl who took a stray bullet from a drive by shooting ??? You see?

Thats why for this story, the "term" "He didn't deserve to die", is not the most appropriate thing to say.

I still disagree with that. Once he jumped in the bed of a moving pickup pounding on the back window, he did have it coming.

I think the better term should be, "He was finally looking good at the turn but just couldn't avoid that last hurdle."

I am going to have to disagree. The way I interpret "had it coming" it usually means someone who has wronged so many people and has enemies and a bunch of bad karma

Not really used in the reckless, accidental, oops sense.

This conversation is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

This conversation is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

RIP.

I am going to have to disagree. The way I interpret "had it coming" it usually means someone who has wronged so many people and has enemies and a bunch of bad karma

Not really used in the reckless, accidental, oops sense.

OK, that sounds about right.

Karma.
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
His fantasy stock just went way way down...

LOOOOOLLLLLLL ROFL!!!!

that was funny.

Christ henry rip, you were such a waste of talent... god forbid you could be blessed with so much talent but piss it away because you loved the thug life and getting into trouble. People that feel sorry for him should wake up because bad things usually happen to bad people.

Like stated above a kid gets shot/stabbed/ran over....thats sad. A douche bag that beefin with his girl and decides to jump on a moving vehicle...you got what you asked for.

Hate away... Its my opinion
Sorry to hear this. I feel bad for the people that cared for him. Regardless of what type of person he was, I am sure his loss will cause alot of pain to the people that loved him. RIP.
Originally posted by irishluder:

LOOOOOLLLLLLL ROFL!!!!

that was funny.

Christ henry rip, you were such a waste of talent... god forbid you could be blessed with so much talent but piss it away because you loved the thug life and getting into trouble. People that feel sorry for him should wake up because bad things usually happen to bad people.

Like stated above a kid gets shot/stabbed/ran over....thats sad. A douche bag that beefin with his girl and decides to jump on a moving vehicle...you got what you asked for.

oh snap I like this kid.

Seriously though, I am just not going to understand either extreme, overt sympathy...I don't get it....overt joy(which luder is borderline displaying)...well I don't get that either.

I don't look at the obituary everyday for a reason, its the same reason I have no feelings for a celeb. They are all strangers to me

LOOOOOLLLLLLL ROFL!!!!

that was funny.

oh snap I like this kid.

Seriously though, I am just not going to understand either extreme, overt sympathy...I don't get it....overt joy(which luder is borderline displaying)...well I don't get that either.

I don't look at the obituary everyday for a reason, its the same reason I have no feelings for a celeb. They are all strangers to me

That's fine, nobody is judging you for feeling no remorse.

But if you have nothing to say, just stay away from the thread, don't come in here talking about how he got what he deserved.
Was his girl cheating or somthing
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

you're more concerned about your personal gratification of what this man brought forth for your fantasy team. just .

I'd be a moron to have a guy on IR on my FF team. Even a dynasty league.

I think we can all agree he died like he lived... being an idiot.

• Dino
  • Veteran
R.I.P.
wow...some people.

R.I.P. Chris
He's dead. STFU.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wow people.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

LOOOOOLLLLLLL ROFL!!!!

that was funny.

oh snap I like this kid.

That's fine, nobody is judging you for feeling no remorse.

But if you have nothing to say, just stay away from the thread, don't come in here talking about how he got what he deserved.

Is there such a thing a digital Karma?
Share 49ersWebzone