There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AZ Cardinals Watch

Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by maximill15:
if matt starts it def helps our playoff chances!! I hope kurt starts and then allen take him out for the season

Definitely, and hopefully after Minnesota has the game in the bag, someone can put a nice hit on Farve too!

f**k that man, I want to see Favre tear apart the Cards. For once Favre is wrecking the teams I hate like GB and hopefully AZZ rather than the ones I like(well he did that too this season but oh well). I'm sort of enjoying it. I'm not a Favre fan but when I root for someone vs an enemy, I swing for the fences
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I believe the Cards are in trouble.

yes, i smell blood in the water

I believe that the Cards will make sure that Kurt Warner is healthy when they play the 49er's even if they have to pull him out of the Vikings game.

They have to know that the KEY game is against the 49er's and that they have a better chance of beating the 9er's than the red hot Vikings.

If I were Wisenhunt, I would play my odds. I may start Warner against the Vikings, but if it looks like the game is not winnable and that Warner is taking a lot of hits, I would pull him out immediately.

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 3, 2009 at 23:30:35 ]
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

I believe that the Cards will make sure that Kurt Warner is healthy when they play the 49er's even if they have to pull him out of the Vikings game.

They have to know that the KEY game is against the 49er's and that they have a better chance of beating the 9er's than the red hot Vikings.

If I were Wisenhunt, I would play my odds. I may start Warner against the Vikings, but if it looks like the game is not winnable and that Warner is taking a lot of hits, I would pull him out immediately.

This is exactly what I was thinking.
Originally posted by 49er4life:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Especially their left tackle are out and Jared Allen lurking oh man I wouldn't want to be on Warner's shoe especially after coming off a concussion. I think he will play leinart on sunday he didn't play that bad against the titans.
Considering the implications for the next few weeks I figured we should keep track of them!!

Injury News

Kurt Warner
Though his headaches are gone and he no longer has pain in his neck, Kurt Warner is still experiencing minor sensitivity to light.
"My injury is very minor," Warner said. "They don't feel if I go back on the field I'm taking a risk, but no one can guarantee it." Warner believes he will play Sunday night, but it's worth pointing out that he still has "gnawing doubts about whether he should." Matt Leinart is splitting first-team snaps, and the Cardinals are not likely to make a final decision until Sunday morning.

Stephen Spach
Cardinals TE Stephen Spach (knee) has been ruled out for Week 13.
Spach recently aggravated the knee that underwent ACL and MCL surgery last January. Ben Patrick will continue to be the team's primary tight end until Spach returns.

Tim Hightower
Tim Hightower (thumb) was limited again in Thursday's practice.
Hightower will play this week, but it's not known if the injury will affect his pass catching. He's not a recommended fantasy play against the Vikings No. 2 run defense.

Karlos Dansby
Cardinals ILB Karlos Dansby (shoulder) says he will play on Sunday night against the Vikings.
Dansby is struggling with problems in both shoulders. He first was injured against the Seahawks three weeks ago and then aggravated it against the Titans last week. Dansby leads the Cardinals with 82 tackles.

Mike Gandy
Cardinals LT Mike Gandy (pelvis) is in danger of missing Sunday night's game against the Vikings.
This would be a bad time for Gandy to miss his first game since 2006. Kurt Warner is nursing a concussion and Jared Allen is coming to town. The Cardinals' offensive line has started 31 straight games together and if that streak breaks, Jeremy Bridges would be the one filling in for Gandy.

Travis LaBoy
Free agent DE/OLB Travis LaBoy has been suspended for four games by the NFL.
LaBoy's suspension will begin immediately and will last until the NFL reinstates him. LaBoy played for the Cardinals last year and recorded 31 tackles and four sacks in 13 games. He tore his biceps last year and also underwent ankle surgery in late May.

Will Davis
Cardinals OLB Will Davis is out 4-6 weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee.
Davis, a sixth-round rookie and former college defensive end, was coming on with two sacks in his last three games and high-effort special teams play. It appears he'll stay on the roster in hopes of returning for the playoffs. Chike Okeafor and Bertrand Berry will take over as Arizona's primary ROLBs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:
Travis LaBoy
LaBoy's suspension will begin immediately and will last until the NFL reinstates him. LaBoy played for the Cardinals last year and recorded 31 tackles and four sacks in 13 games. He tore his biceps last year and also underwent ankle surgery in late May.

Wait, why is LaBoy suspended??

**Good thread btw, should've been up a long time ago**

[ Edited by Kolohe on Dec 4, 2009 at 08:18:32 ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Quote:
Travis LaBoy

Wait, why is LaBoy suspended??

**Good thread btw, should've been up a long time ago**

All I can find is "for undisclosed reasons"....?
f*ck the cardinals.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
f*ck the cardinals.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
f*ck the cardinals.

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
This is the ONLY week i will be rooting for the Vikings
You also have to consider that DIVISION wins could have a big impact in who wins the division should the 49er's and the Cards end up with the same won loss records.

So Yes, I would say that winning the next game against the 49er's is not only big, but a critical issue.
Cardinals Guard Jeremy Bridges called out Allen by saying:

"You can get whooped by anybody any Sunday,” Bridges said. “Jared Allen isn’t special, he’s a good defensive end but there are a lot of good defensive ends in this league. You have to prepare for all of them."

I hope Allen tears them apart
cards fans think they have a good shot of winning the game