LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Come back player of the year?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Come back player of the year?

It will come down to can Vince Young win out and does Favre falter.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
it will probably be brady if he takes the pats to the playoffs, but it should be benson

I forgot all about him.
Oh yeah. east coast biased media+love affair with Brady+Boston sports homers at ESPN = CPOY
Really it should be Benson, he was literally nothing and out of football. the other guys have has success at some point.
Originally posted by Chief:
Cedric Benson
most like T. Brady
Benson would be the winner if he hadn't been hurt the last couple of games.

IMO, Young will win the award. He's been getting a lot of national attention lately.

-9fA
Alex Smith. Why? Because I'm a biased niner fan.
Benson was almost out of the league. Young was at least there and expected to be the QB of the future.

I have to go with Benson, then Young, then Smith. But it could go either way.
If Vince Young somehow leads the Titans to a 9-7 or an incredible 10-6 year he would easily be the choice to win the award.
No Carson Palmer???
  • Extreme
  • Info N/A
Last year, Antonio Bryant should have won CPOTY instead of Pennington, because Bryant had a huge season after a year of being out of football entirely (he was not even on an NFL team).

This year, Benson and Vince Young make a strong case, although Young has a stronger case because he's actually coming back from some form of success, while Benson's more of a breakout player of the year rather than a comeback player.

How can Favre be the "Come back" player, when he's never REALLY left?
Share 49ersWebzone