MVP ?

• Dino
  • Veteran
Favre
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
chris johnson should at least be on the list..

agreed. and IF they make the playoffs i'd give it to him.

alright sheesh, i added him. you guys do realize that even if they win out, he won't be MVP because the colts, saints, AND viks will have better records and they always give the award to QBs. they don't care about a mid season comeback

CJ has to average just under 142 rushing yards/game over the last 5 games, to break Eric Dickerson's single season record. With the way he's been playing lately, plus the fact he is no longer splitting carries with Lendale White - he has a shot at it.

He also has to average just under 148 combined rushing/receiving yards to break Marshall Faulk's combined yards from scrimmage record.

Regardles of record, Chris Johnson deserves to be in the Most Valuable PLAYER debate!

alright sheesh, i added him. you guys do realize that even if they win out, he won't be MVP because the colts, saints, AND viks will have better records and they always give the award to QBs. they don't care about a mid season comeback

yeah. but i'd still vote for him. dude's on pace to break the single season record.

yeah. but i'd still vote for him. dude's on pace to break the single season record.

trust me, i like chris johnson and what he's done so far but i know for a fact that it will be a QB. i just didn't want to waste any time writing his name out. the poll question is basically "who is more likely to win MVP this season"
Originally posted by Dino:
Favre
Favre is in the lead here, WOW. I have to say he's last on my list from those four candidates based on value to their respective teams. Favre has been great, but he has a ton of talent around him and Minnesota would stand a chance to win a lot of games even without Favre in the lineup. Subtract Manning from Indy or Brees from New Orleans, though, and you're in a world of hurt. And Chris Johnson has been ON FIRE lately and has ran his team back into playoff contention.
Favre is having perhaps one of his best seasons ever. And the Vikings have a legitimate shot to win the Super Bowl. He's not popular on this site but you can't argue with the year he is having.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Steven Jackson. Most carries in the NFL, 2nd in rushing yards + has caught 40 balls. He is the player Most Valuable to his team this year.
Hard to ignore Favre's numbers this season but i gotta go with Manning because he has the weakest supporting cast of those three.

somebody school me on this "weakest supporting cast" that Peyton has
Favre

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Favre is having perhaps one of his best seasons ever. And the Vikings have a legitimate shot to win the Super Bowl. He's not popular on this site but you can't argue with the year he is having.

Agreed.

For the first time, the Favre talk is worthy.

-9fA
Games like these are another reason why chris johnson has no chance. favre has some of the best #'s and manning is also undefeated
tough one but I would have to say Favre with Manning being the last of the 4.
[ Edited by saj4423 on Nov 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM ]
Chris Johnson should be mentioned
If Johnson breaks the record then I do not think it should even be a question. Yes, Favre is having a great year. But CJ could have the single best season by a runningback of ALL TIME.
Share 49ersWebzone