Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vince Young

Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
30-17 record as a starter!

I don't think he is a good fit here in SF (to many needy players already) but he won't be available to long when he hits the open market.

And 2 Pro Bowls

And he's 27.

And people act like he's garbage.

The same backward dumb thinking that most clowns had about Mike Vick before last season.

Pro Bowl selections are a joke these days, so I don't count that at all.

People easily forget how much of a mental game football is, and Vince just doesn't have the will, the mind, or the drive to be the best.

Besides, he isn't THAT great. His passer rating per year was 66, 71, 64*, 82, 98*.

*played 3 and 9 games.

His turnover to TD ratio has only in the last two years barely hit positive.

You might think that the fact the Titans are very much a run first team would have some impact on the number of TD's their QB throws? A better stat might be WINS. Look at their win/loss record the last few years with Young starting, then compare that to Collins starting. Titans start 0-6 last year under Collins and end up 9-7 (9-1 with Young!).

The offense they run has just never fit well with an athetic QB. They have limited what Young can do. People forget but Fisher did the same thing with Steve McNair early on. Jeff Fisher and the OC didn't want Young, they both wanted Matt Leinart. Fisher had to be ordered by the owner to start Young over Collins - after they had lost 6 straight games. People can say what they want to about Young's emotinal behavior or attitude (much of which is VERY blown out of proportion by the local media), but it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that Young just never fit in with the Titans.

Lol, look at your own statements. You are attributing wins to the QB, right after you said most their TD's are coming from their stellar running game.

I don't think he is a good fit here in SF (to many needy players already) but he won't be available to long when he hits the open market.

And 2 Pro Bowls

And he's 27.

The same backward dumb thinking that most clowns had about Mike Vick before last season.

People easily forget how much of a mental game football is, and Vince just doesn't have the will, the mind, or the drive to be the best.

Besides, he isn't THAT great. His passer rating per year was 66, 71, 64*, 82, 98*.

*played 3 and 9 games.

You might think that the fact the Titans are very much a run first team would have some impact on the number of TD's their QB throws? A better stat might be WINS. Look at their win/loss record the last few years with Young starting, then compare that to Collins starting. Titans start 0-6 last year under Collins and end up 9-7 (9-1 with Young!).

The offense they run has just never fit well with an athetic QB. They have limited what Young can do. People forget but Fisher did the same thing with Steve McNair early on. Jeff Fisher and the OC didn't want Young, they both wanted Matt Leinart. Fisher had to be ordered by the owner to start Young over Collins - after they had lost 6 straight games. People can say what they want to about Young's emotinal behavior or attitude (much of which is VERY blown out of proportion by the local media), but it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that Young just never fit in with the Titans.

Lol, look at your own statements. You are attributing wins to the QB, right after you said most their TD's are coming from their stellar running game.

Since the change at QB was the ONLY change they made, yes - that's why I point that out. A QB like Young that can stretch the field by throwing deep and is also a threat to run, opens things up for the running game. Even Chris Johnson realizes that and has talked about what an effect Young has on his game - and he is a borderline idiot. Yet that is a concept you don't get?

And 2 Pro Bowls

And he's 27.

*played 3 and 9 games.

Since the change at QB was the ONLY change they made, yes - that's why I point that out. A QB like Young that can stretch the field by throwing deep and is also a threat to run, opens things up for the running game. Even Chris Johnson realizes that and has talked about what an effect Young has on his game - and he is a borderline idiot. Yet that is a concept you don't get?

The concept I DO get is that your posts make no sense at all, they contradict themselves, and use only the evidence that supports your point. I've decided I don't like you, and from now on will not even respond to your posts as it is obviously pointless.
I would rather have Ken Dorsey
Originally posted by TheChozen:

Chris Johnson played a huge part in that record.

Kind of. But he made his first Pro Bowl and had two winning seasons in the 2 years before Johnson was on the team. His leading backs his first two years were Travis Henry and Tila Tequila.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Feb 22, 2011 at 10:38 AM ]
I have a feeling Andy Reid is doing a reboot with Vince Young. The kid has mental issues and needs to, probably in Reid's eyes, properly developed for a couple of years. Vick ain't going to last long and I wouldn't be surprised if we see Vince Young 2.0 in a year or two.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Funny how VY just did the exact same thing as Tebow on national TV and they aren't running round the clock coverage of him.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Funny how VY just did the exact same thing as Tebow on national TV and they aren't running round the clock coverage of him.

racist
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

...right?
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

...right?

Tim Rattay
Originally posted by Jamespowers:

...right?

Tim Rattay
Cody Pickett
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

...right?

Tim Rattay
Cody Pickett

Trent Dilfer
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

...right?

Tim Rattay
Cody Pickett

Trent Dilfer
Chris Weinke ( only die hards will know he started one game for us)

...right?

Tim Rattay
Cody Pickett

Trent Dilfer
Diehards really? That's a pretty hard year to forget

...right?

Tim Rattay
Cody Pickett

Trent Dilfer
Giovanni Carmazzi