There are 146 users in the forums

Vince Young

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
No
who is brady's backup this year? I mean if he has sat and learned under brady and billicheck might be another cassel for all we know. and there are always hidden talents out there.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
No thank you.

Or at least change the thread title Vince Young has not been released
  • dj43
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
garbage player.

Agree. And he apparently is mentally unstable when it comes to pressure. Can you imagine if he was the quarterback when the stick erupted in the infamous "we want carr" chants???

His emotional issues go all the way back to his time at Texas, according to former teammates there.
30-17 record as a starter!

I don't think he is a good fit here in SF (to many needy players already) but he won't be available to long when he hits the open market.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I don't think he is a good fit here in SF (to many needy players already) but he won't be available to long when he hits the open market.

And 2 Pro Bowls

And he's 27.

And people act like he's garbage.

The same backward dumb thinking that most clowns had about Mike Vick before last season.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

And 2 Pro Bowls

And he's 27.

The same backward dumb thinking that most clowns had about Mike Vick before last season.

Mike Vick went to jail for killing animals for sport! I think he's a great player, but who's to say under our coaching staff of sing he would have been so great. Andy reid plays a lot into vick, besides he got to sit for a year and learn from mcnabb.

Vince young wanted to quit football just a few years ago. He's got great legs, but he's got issues reading the defense, why the steelers own him so much is because he's easily confused. He only had to make 1 read in college, and if it wasn't their he was faster and bigger then any other player!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Feb 17, 2011 at 12:28 AM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

And 2 Pro Bowls

And he's 27.

Pro Bowl selections are a joke these days, so I don't count that at all.

People easily forget how much of a mental game football is, and Vince just doesn't have the will, the mind, or the drive to be the best.

Besides, he isn't THAT great. His passer rating per year was 66, 71, 64*, 82, 98*.

*played 3 and 9 games.

His turnover to TD ratio has only in the last two years barely hit positive.
Originally posted by Janitor:

And 2 Pro Bowls

And he's 27.

People easily forget how much of a mental game football is, and Vince just doesn't have the will, the mind, or the drive to be the best.

Besides, he isn't THAT great. His passer rating per year was 66, 71, 64*, 82, 98*.

*played 3 and 9 games.

add to the fact that his 1st pro bowl was because he was a replacement, i dont want no weak headed puss being my qb
Originally posted by Janitor:

And 2 Pro Bowls

And he's 27.

*played 3 and 9 games.

You might think that the fact the Titans are very much a run first team would have some impact on the number of TD's their QB throws? A better stat might be WINS. Look at their win/loss record the last few years with Young starting, then compare that to Collins starting. Titans start 0-6 last year under Collins and end up 9-7 (9-1 with Young!).

The offense they run has just never fit well with an athetic QB. They have limited what Young can do. People forget but Fisher did the same thing with Steve McNair early on. Jeff Fisher and the OC didn't want Young, they both wanted Matt Leinart. Fisher had to be ordered by the owner to start Young over Collins - after they had lost 6 straight games. People can say what they want to about Young's emotinal behavior or attitude (much of which is VERY blown out of proportion by the local media), but it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that Young just never fit in with the Titans.

Chris Johnson played a huge part in that record.
Share 49ersWebzone