There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vince Young

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by 49er4life:
I am not saying I want Young, but who are these better QB's?

I won't put Brady, Manning or Vick in this list because we all know it won't happen unless Vick screws up this off season and Brady and Manning will never leave.

Seneca Wallace (CLE)
Matt Hasselbeck (SEA)
Matt Moore (CAR)
Alex Smith (SF)
Matt Leinart (HOU)
Marc Bulger (BAL)
Todd Collins (CHI)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Trent Edwards (JAC)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Brodie Croyle (KC)
Chad Pennington (MIA)
Tyler Thigpen (MIA)
Tarvaris Jackson (MIN)
Jim Sorgi (NYG)
Kellen Clemens (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Billy Volek (SD)
Troy Smith (SF)
Kerry Collins (TEN)
Rex Grossman (WAS)

Of this entire list the only people who will probably be worth anything in FA are these people IMO: A.Smith, Leinart, Bulger, Quinn, Stanton, Edwards, Jackson, Clemens, Boller, Gradkowski, Dixon, Volek, T. Smith, Grossman. Why did I pick these names you say? Most of these guys(I.E. A. Smith, Leinart, Quinn, Stanton among a few others are all Day 1 draft picks who for a plethora of reasons failed at their original purpose except Stanton I think he always been a backup. A. Smith was a victim of bad coaching and injuries, Leinart was immature and childish, Quinn never developed but in Cleveland with only M. Massaqoi who could blame him.) It would seem that they have all moved on from those issues. Most of these players have held the starting gig at one point or another including Boller, Bulger, Edwards, Grossmen, Jackson, T. Smith, and Volek. All other names are vets who are too old to take a chance on or are too prone to injury.

Are you saying that this list is QB's better than V. Young?

[ Edited by 49er4life on Jan 5, 2011 at 19:18:10 ]
Originally posted by AirJordanXI:
Well how about signing another left handed QB named Young? Name a better QB we have on our current roster than Vince young

?????????
when did vince young become left handed?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Didn't see this coming.

I've never been a fan of Vince Young, but he's better than any QB we have on the roster. Saying we don't want him is ridiculous.

Don't like the baggage he comes with and I don't like the fact that a coach states he won't continue to work with him. There's a lot of QB's out there that are just as good if not better that we can pick up.

Well if we're talking about getting someone better than Vince Young, then fine, but if we're just saying 'no' to getting him and not talking about going with an Orton or a Palmer at least, then it's ridiculous to say no to someone that is better than what we currently have.

I'd rather have someone else, too, but I wouldn't say no to VY because he's better than everyone else we have.

PS Not only have I not been a fan of Vince Young, I've actually hated him since he was drafted.

Like I've said in other threads, I'd rather just try and trade for C. Palmer, Orton, Kolb or draft Mallet, Stanzi etc. etc..
He would set us back like Alex smith
he cant get cut until some time in february i think the 7th. he's still out as qb and i still dont want him anywhere near this team as a backup sure....well maybe a backup....on 2nd thought jed/baalke better not even think about
At best if we did sign a Vince Young type of player we better trade for Kevin Kolb still and draft a quarterback becuase who knows what their future's in the NFL holds.
Originally posted by Pancho559:
At best if we did sign a Vince Young type of player we better trade for Kevin Kolb still and draft a quarterback becuase who knows what their future's in the NFL holds.

I would love to get Kolb if we cant draft a starting QB with our first round pick
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by Pancho559:

I would love to get Kolb if we cant draft a starting QB with our first round pick

With Luck now out of the picture for sure, #7 would be a major reach for any of the QBs that are coming out. Early 2nd round would be a better value...if we don't solve the matter before then.

I am very skeptical about getting an acceptable QB before the draft. With the rule in place that no player can be traded before the new CBA, and rumors flying that it will be May 1 AT THE EARLIEST before a new one is in place, it may force the 49ers to reach for a QB in the draft.

This labor deal is going to cause all sorts of problems.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
4. San Francisco 49ers.

It's a little less enticing with Mike Singletary no longer in the mix. Singletary might not be a great head coach yet, but I'd hire him as Vince Young's life coach in a heartbeat. I'd also buy the postgame press conferences on pay-per-view. I like the fit here. Young has always liked going to the tight end, and San Fran has a good one in Vernon Davis(notes). They've got a running game to suit Young, too. We'll see how the new coach wants to play it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Five-teams-who-should-take-a-look-at-Vince-Young?urn=nfl-304060
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
I am not saying I want Young, but who are these better QB's?

I won't put Brady, Manning or Vick in this list because we all know it won't happen unless Vick screws up this off season and Brady and Manning will never leave.

Seneca Wallace (CLE)
Matt Hasselbeck (SEA)
Matt Moore (CAR)
Alex Smith (SF)
Matt Leinart (HOU)
Marc Bulger (BAL)
Todd Collins (CHI)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Trent Edwards (JAC)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Brodie Croyle (KC)
Chad Pennington (MIA)
Tyler Thigpen (MIA)
Tarvaris Jackson (MIN)
Jim Sorgi (NYG)
Kellen Clemens (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Billy Volek (SD)
Troy Smith (SF)
Kerry Collins (TEN)
Rex Grossman (WAS)

Of this entire list the only people who will probably be worth anything in FA are these people IMO: A.Smith, Leinart, Bulger, Quinn, Stanton, Edwards, Jackson, Clemens, Boller, Gradkowski, Dixon, Volek, T. Smith, Grossman. Why did I pick these names you say? Most of these guys(I.E. A. Smith, Leinart, Quinn, Stanton among a few others are all Day 1 draft picks who for a plethora of reasons failed at their original purpose except Stanton I think he always been a backup. A. Smith was a victim of bad coaching and injuries, Leinart was immature and childish, Quinn never developed but in Cleveland with only M. Massaqoi who could blame him.) It would seem that they have all moved on from those issues. Most of these players have held the starting gig at one point or another including Boller, Bulger, Edwards, Grossmen, Jackson, T. Smith, and Volek. All other names are vets who are too old to take a chance on or are too prone to injury.

Are you saying that this list is QB's better than V. Young?

No, I think VY is a great QB - definitely will be a hot commodity when March rolls around. Look at VYs stats and record and he is the sh*t butI hate his mopey, I'm the best kind of attitude and don't find him to be an attractive option when you have all of those players available. VY is the TO for the QB position. TO is an amazing receiver but he is simply cancerous and VY is well on his way to that same type of view around the league.
God crush VY's ability with Alex's attitude and that would be the best QB ever, lol.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
garbage player.

Really? This coming from you of all people who have constantly defended Alex Smith?

Alex finally had his best season from a QB rating standpoint which is misleading but a stat that has been used here quite a bit.

In the 11 games Alex played, he had 2,370 yards 14 TD's and 10 INT's with a QB rating of 82.1 which is the highest of his 6 year career.

Now, in the 9 games VY played in he had 1,255 yards 10 TD's and only 3 INT's with a QB Rating of 98.6.

So aside from his mental attitude, which is a big factor might I add, to make a statement that he is garbage when he has actually put his team on his back and have helped win against GOOD teams, something we havent seen in 8 years, that is a little odd to me

He needs a new start somewhere and not really saying that is here, but the kid is VERY TALENTED and a fresh start may do wonders for him

[ Edited by Sims84 on Jan 7, 2011 at 02:32:35 ]
I'd bring him in to compete. I'd still go out and draft someone though as if I'd never sign Vince. Let him and the rookie compete.
After listening to Brent Jones on KNBR last night on the way home from work, I agree...major SKIP on Young! He liked the guy's talent, but mentally he wasn't all there and would cause more problems.

On a side note, if Harbaugh goes back to Stanford, Jones' choice for 49ers HC would be Jeff Fisher. He said he'd even be willing to trade a draft pick or two to acquire him.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
garbage player.

Agree. And he apparently is mentally unstable when it comes to pressure. Can you imagine if he was the quarterback when the stick erupted in the infamous "we want carr" chants???
I'm tired of us looking so basic and traditional. Bring in a mobile qb like Vince Young and ad a lil more spice to the offense!!!