There are 177 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vince Young

I sure hope that Carolina is interested
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Didn't see this coming.

I've never been a fan of Vince Young, but he's better than any QB we have on the roster. Saying we don't want him is ridiculous.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Didn't see this coming.

I've never been a fan of Vince Young, but he's better than any QB we have on the roster. Saying we don't want him is ridiculous.

Don't like the baggage he comes with and I don't like the fact that a coach states he won't continue to work with him. There's a lot of QB's out there that are just as good if not better that we can pick up.
When the going get's a little rough this guy pouts. He is not a leader.
Looks like Alex Smith to either the Titans or Cardinals.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Vince Young was not cut! He was informed he will be cut or traded as soon as February 7th rolls around. The Titans can't do anything with him until then. They will try and trade him because they can play it off that it was just a coach/player disagreement and not lack of skill that gave him the boot.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Looks like Alex Smith to the Titans.

This would be great news for me. I'm moving to Tennessee ina year or two.

Didn't see this coming.

Don't like the baggage he comes with and I don't like the fact that a coach states he won't continue to work with him. There's a lot of QB's out there that are just as good if not better that we can pick up.

Well if we're talking about getting someone better than Vince Young, then fine, but if we're just saying 'no' to getting him and not talking about going with an Orton or a Palmer at least, then it's ridiculous to say no to someone that is better than what we currently have.

I'd rather have someone else, too, but I wouldn't say no to VY because he's better than everyone else we have.

PS Not only have I not been a fan of Vince Young, I've actually hated him since he was drafted.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Jan 5, 2011 at 17:09:59 ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Looks like Alex Smith to the Titans.

This would be great news for me. I'm moving to Tennessee ina year or two.

Do you hate the Titans or something?

You must want them to fail considering Alex Smith being there would be great news to you.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Jan 5, 2011 at 17:12:38 ]
A QB with no heart... pass.

Didn't see this coming.

I am not saying I want Young, but who are these better QB's?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er4life:
I am not saying I want Young, but who are these better QB's?

I won't put Brady, Manning or Vick in this list because we all know it won't happen unless Vick screws up this off season and Brady and Manning will never leave.

Seneca Wallace (CLE)
Matt Hasselbeck (SEA)
Matt Moore (CAR)
Alex Smith (SF)
Matt Leinart (HOU)
Marc Bulger (BAL)
Todd Collins (CHI)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Trent Edwards (JAC)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Brodie Croyle (KC)
Chad Pennington (MIA)
Tyler Thigpen (MIA)
Tarvaris Jackson (MIN)
Jim Sorgi (NYG)
Kellen Clemens (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Billy Volek (SD)
Troy Smith (SF)
Kerry Collins (TEN)
Rex Grossman (WAS)

Of this entire list the only people who will probably be worth anything in FA are these people IMO: A.Smith, Leinart, Bulger, Quinn, Stanton, Edwards, Jackson, Clemens, Boller, Gradkowski, Dixon, Volek, T. Smith, Grossman. Why did I pick these names you say? Most of these guys(I.E. A. Smith, Leinart, Quinn, Stanton among a few others are all Day 1 draft picks who for a plethora of reasons failed at their original purpose except Stanton I think he always been a backup. A. Smith was a victim of bad coaching and injuries, Leinart was immature and childish, Quinn never developed but in Cleveland with only M. Massaqoi who could blame him.) It would seem that they have all moved on from those issues. Most of these players have held the starting gig at one point or another including Boller, Bulger, Edwards, Grossmen, Jackson, T. Smith, and Volek. All other names are vets who are too old to take a chance on or are too prone to injury.
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

[ Edited by Kolohe on Jan 5, 2011 at 19:01:48 ]
Total waste of a thread. Young has not been released. In anything the Titans will shop him around before cutting him.
He has NOT been released. The owner has just said he will not be on the team next year, so they could still trade him.

That being said, we need to get him! I live in Nashville and have seen every Titans game. Jeff Fisher has been holding Young back as much as anything. I would love to see what someone like Harbaugh could do with Vince Young running the 49ers offense!