LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 194 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Send him back to the showers. First time he is showing signs of his formal arrogant self.

That's pretty ridiculous. Every person on earth wants to get paid more. His deal was front-loaded so he making less in the last two years of his deal.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
MIA at OTA mystery solved. I have no idea what his current salary is but he should be in the top 3 paid TEs at least.
He IS the 3rd highest behind gronk and witten.

He should be 1st.

Jimmy grahmn should b first.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Typical American attitude. I sign a contract, and if I under-perform, not my problem, the contract will still be paid. However, if I over-perform, well, we need to renegotiate NOW!

how dare he demand to be paid what he's worth!
Everyone is jumping on the renegotiate contract bandwagon. I WANT WINNERS

all the niners are in a rush to do their contracts before kap's new contract hits the book and takes like 1/3 of the payroll...lol
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
MIA at OTA mystery solved. I have no idea what his current salary is but he should be in the top 3 paid TEs at least.
He IS the 3rd highest behind gronk and witten.

He should be 1st.

Jimmy grahmn should b first.

Dude is just a big wideout. He's not a real tight end. Can't even block.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Typical American attitude. I sign a contract, and if I under-perform, not my problem, the contract will still be paid. However, if I over-perform, well, we need to renegotiate NOW!

he's already under contract and being paid his worth.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zoomcrypt:
all the niners are in a rush to do their contracts before kap's new contract hits the book and takes like 1/3 of the payroll...lol

well it would be smart for the FO to just set aside payroll for Kap, get everybody else locked up to give him weapons for next 2-3 years, then finally actually put pen to paper on the 4-5 year deal that Kap will get.

Vernon has a claim because he is one of Kap's 3 primary targets. Boone is part of of a great GROUP of OL and his agent is making a power play because they drafted Thomas with next year in mind, trying to force them to pick between Boone and Iupati (if possible). Right now I'd pay Vernon, tell Boone to hold his horses and keep rolling.
[ Edited by sfout on May 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

I think he's being paid fairly. You can be sure that if he was under performing the team would ask him to sign a new contract or release him. Then again, he has protections in his contract if he gets hurt..so I am pretty much on board with the "you signed it, keep your word" point of view.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Only time I will agree with susweel. What good is a contract if before it is even close to being over you demand a new one.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jakemall:

I think he's being paid fairly. You can be sure that if he was under performing the team would ask him to sign a new contract or release him. Then again, he has protections in his contract if he gets hurt..so I am pretty much on board with the "you signed it, keep your word" point of view.

It was bound to happen the team having great success on the field and these guys want to get paid like top dogs. I knew this was gonna happen, its just unfortunate we didnt get the ring before these players move on.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
He probably won't get signed for much more per year than he's already making. I bet a lot of the motivation for this is tied to his stock stuff that's based on his future earnings.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:

MM didn't say he had an issue with his value, he had an issue with his contract. Davis is going to be 32 at the end of his current deal, his speed and consequently his value will drop.

IMHO He's looking to get one last big signing bonus and make these next 2 years into a higher base salary, not necessarily a higher total value.

I think it is a prudent move. Sacrifice 200K in hopes of converting most of the next 2 years into a signing bonus on an extension that will likely be his last "big deal".
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Vernon Davis has "stone hands"
Share 49ersWebzone