LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 303 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Source: #49ers TE Vernon Davis, absent from offseason program, seeks a new contract.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-vernon-davis-seeks-new-contract
[ Edited by Jcool on May 29, 2014 at 10:34 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
not good.
Extend him nao! Reduce his cap hit this year and add 3 more years. Dude restructured once already to help the team.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Extend him nao! Reduce his cap hit this year and add 3 more years. Dude restructured once already to help the team.

This blows but this is exactly what you need to do. Extend him, lots of guaranteed money and keep the salary cap hit at bay. No pun intended.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Source: #49ers TE Vernon Davis, absent from offseason program, seeks a new contract.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-vernon-davis-seeks-new-contract

Makes sense now why he tweeted he wanted to retire as a niner last week
This is what happens when you are consistently good. One reason why it's hard to stay that way b/c everybody has thier hand out for more money. I think they will come to an agreement at some point. Hopefully this doesn't carry over to training camp
MIA at OTA mystery solved. I have no idea what his current salary is but he should be in the top 3 paid TEs at least.
Open the piggy bank for this man. He deserves it.
Isn't he already one of the highest paid guys on the team?
We don't have any cap space plus kap still needs his deal. Vernon is selfish he still has 2 years left on his deal plus isn't he top paid tight end in the league? This is selfish

Send him back to the showers. First time he is showing signs of his formal arrogant self.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
MIA at OTA mystery solved. I have no idea what his current salary is but he should be in the top 3 paid TEs at least.
He IS the 3rd highest behind gronk and witten.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Lol then wtf is he b***hing about. He's at fair market value.
Typical American attitude. I sign a contract, and if I under-perform, not my problem, the contract will still be paid. However, if I over-perform, well, we need to renegotiate NOW!
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

He should be 1st.
Share 49ersWebzone