LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Yea Chancellor has VD shook. I heard Greg Cosell talking bout how the few times Seattle went man that he blanketed VD. He's just as big and fast as VD. VD gotta run better routes to get open.
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
thats huge! is he fast?

no, Mike Evans is quite slow.
I just don't think Kap and Vernon have ever had good chemistry as you rarely see VD getting the ball instride like he used to with AS. Leading to Vernon getting blown up and creating loss of confidence .
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I just don't think Kap and Vernon have ever had good chemistry as you rarely see VD getting the ball instride like he used to with AS. Leading to Vernon getting blown up and creating loss of confidence .

That fool is a TE, getting blown up is part of the job.
I get it I just want to see Vernon hit instride so his big fast ass can ditch the whole field like we're accustomed to seeing in the playoffs..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Vd is not strong enough man and pussie scared when chancellor hit hard on him that he dropped the ball. We should trade him for first round draft..

That is two strikes for Buzz. Guy is either high or his knowledge of football is less than I thought.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:

VD had a great season. Matched his career high in TDs even though he missed time and had 850 yards, his third best output. Also, he caught his longest pass of his career in terms of ball flight and that pass was money.

This, while not even being the centerpiece and Boldin snaking over 1,000 yards.
VD is probably the best TE in the league and you guys are trying to trade him? i hate niner talk sometimes...
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea Chancellor has VD shook. I heard Greg Cosell talking bout how the few times Seattle went man that he blanketed VD. He's just as big and fast as VD. VD gotta run better routes to get open.

Lol he's just as fast as VD? VD runs a 4.38. Chancellor runs like a 4.65. VD is a hell of a lot faster. VD was drawing coverage a lot from multiple defenders. Chancellor couldn't blanket him one on one. Come on now.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
In my opinion, Vernon Davis has never had any actual quality coaching at the Tight End position since he was drafted. Nearly everything about his game that he's improved on has been because of his own work ethic and desire to be a better player each and every season. While that's says alot about HIM as a man, given the fact he's a Top 5 TE in the NFL...imagine what he could be had he received better coaching from a better TE coach. Singletary's shower move was a good turning point in getting him to become more team-oriented, but IMO Vernon has never had a good TE coach to teach him the finer details. I could be wrong though.

• SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Lol he's just as fast as VD? VD runs a 4.38. Chancellor runs like a 4.65. VD is a hell of a lot faster. VD was drawing coverage a lot from multiple defenders. Chancellor couldn't blanket him one on one. Come on now.

Combine 40 times aren't a very good indicator of speed. Players rarely run in a straight line during a typical NFL play. This is why some teams have been able to eliminate Vernon from some games because he doesn't move laterally very well at all. He's limited in terms of routes. When that happens, you don't need to play faster, you just need to play smarter....and that's what Kam Chancellor has done.
vernon is the best TE in the leauge...because he has the playmaking ability and is a MUCH BETTER BLOCKER than the pass catching types, which is perfect for our offense...vance macdonald needs to develop and we need a deep threat to open the middle for vernon.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Nope.

Cam Chancellor ran a 4.62 at the combine. VD is a 4.3 guy. Chancellor is 230 lbs. VD is 250 lbs.

Is he bigger and stronger and a harder hitter than what VD normally faces week in and week out? Yes he is. Did getting knocked out that one time in Seattle make VD more scared? Yes IMO.
Vernon is playing soft in Seattle.... the whole running into the wall was also f**king dumb
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Now I wish Singletary never kicked Vernon of the sidelines. He got all soft on us. That old VD was a beast and mean.
Share 49ersWebzone