There are 296 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
He looks pretty good to me.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
who the f**k cares? he's a pro bowl TE who puts up numbers.

I agree, but he could also be catching a few hundred balls from a jugs machine every week to get better at it. His clunky hands are probably what kept him from being a WR.
FAIL
Safe to say you can put this stupid thread to rest.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
who the f**k cares? he's a pro bowl TE who puts up numbers.

I agree, but he could also be catching a few hundred balls from a jugs machine every week to get better at it. His clunky hands are probably what kept him from being a WR.

There have been countless articles written about vernons tireless work ethic. How when the rest of the team leaves after practice, vernon stays hours after working the jugs machine and running routes. I cant believe Im still talking about this in 2013, this is pathetic...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Vernon is not a natural hands catcher, but he get's the job done and that's all that matters.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Vernon is not a natural hands catcher, but he get's the job done and that's all that matters.

He certainly got the job done against Arizona. And that was hardly the first time.
this guy is so important to this team its kinda sad...blocking and passing game suffer without him greatly.
this guy is awesome but i still hate the f*ggy little hop he does before catching the ball, inside the 5 yard line it is completely unneeded. i know why he does it though, not a natural hands catcher of the football.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Nov 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM ]
I love this guy

Cut him, he's a bum... we have better tight ends on this team...
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
I love this guy

Worth every penny.
Vernon Davis was a beast today!!! But I''m ready to see him run through somebody for once instead of leaping over them.. I've been critical of Vernon's ball running ability throughout the years. Dude tries to run like a shifty WR.. Run like the beast you are Vernon!!!
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Vernon Davis was a beast today!!! But I''m ready to see him run through somebody for once instead of leaping over them.. I've been critical of Vernon's ball running ability throughout the years. Dude tries to run like a shifty WR.. Run like the beast you are Vernon!!!

If Vernon is a 6'3, 240-250 lb finesse tight end, so be it. He gets a YPC like he's a wide receiver. I suppose Vance McDonald will have to be the TE to plow over guys.
No, never did. What's your point?
Share 49ersWebzone