LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by niners94:
Vernon is a gamechanger. You don't trade a player like him in his prime.

Depends on what you get back.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Mine as well break up the band. Lets trade all the old guys, cause they all will eventually lose a step, real smart guys. Vernon is still a top 5 TE. And Gore is still a top 15-20 RB. Two weeks mean s**t to me. We aren't using him or the offense like 2012 when Kap started. Roman/Harbaugh need to do a better job of getting Gore, Boldin and Vernon the ball.

Just because we need to keep Kap around doesn't mean we should do a Ravens, and cut everyone or let everyone go for 1 player, especially letting Boldin, Gore, and Vernon go, when we know Crabtree will not be back, he will ask for 60M, and he isnt worth it.

Get real guys, our best weapons are those 3. Kap needs to be better in accuracy. He is a good QB, not great. He has his flaws. And I would NOT give the kid 120M like most want to. Kid will have between 26-30 starts between 2012 season, playoffs, 2013 season and possible playoffs. That doesn't amount to 120M. That's a cap killer.

But lets cut Vernon, and Gore. Save a ton, and Rogers too. Brooks also. Lose 4 of our best players, so we can overpay Kap. Smart football move, NOT. And what about Aldon. I guess we let Justin, RayMac go, so we can give aldon 15M a yr.

Yeah I'm pissed like everyone, but dont frigging overreact, it's 1 frigging game. Now I understand why some dont like Niners Talk after a loss. People start with stupid comments, and posts.

Lol ive been down with chopping rogers overpaid ass ...N no id keep brooks N gore but yes davis to me is tradeable along with his 5+millon ...
Originally posted by susweel:
any news on his hammy ?

Any news on this?
Originally posted by cwilson830:
any news on his hammy ?

Any news on this?

Anyone?
Lol people took it seriously
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah, trade our only other weapon is smart,

He's the only guy that gets separation of all the guys we got.... The rest are all slow possession WR's or physical guys like Boldin.

Cant keep paying everyone some other high priced guys have to go ...

No they dont. If Kap and Aldon dont be selfish, we can keep our D together. Brooks shuldnt be cut. He had a great game, minus the penalty. Vernon is a legit threat. Makes no sense. Not bashing you, but makes no frigging sense.

I hear u not saying any of its right but really what player aint out for them selfs N not leaving any millons on tha table.. hell even tha great old P.manning didnt leave any for anyone why would keap or aldon it ???

Wrong. Broncos were in great cap shape, so they can absorb the 20M a yr cap hits.

You dont get rid of Vernon and Bldin for Kap's supposed $120.6M deal ala Flacco, which by the way is a horrible deal done by Newsome.

Then Aldon, you think we will cut Brooks, who is a damn solid OLB, and we are gonna get rid of guys like Justin and Ray Mac, not saying you said that, but by the method, that old players dont play well past 30 is stupid. All 3 are in their prime, and worth every penny. And if need be, McDonald and Brooks would take a pay cut, restructure to get Aldon signed.

I have no proof, but just my opinion, that Aldon and Kap aren't selfish, they both seem to be good people. Who want to be paid, but if it means taking 120M and losing Boldin/VD or both, or take 90-95M and keep VD and Boldin, your telling me Kap will be selfish and let the others go? Thats crazy. We would have s**t at WR and TE. Patton and Vance are unproven. What else at WR is good. Crabs may not be the same after the achilles, and same for Manningham on the ACL. Crabs is likely gone tho, he will want 60M IMO. Kyle Williams doesn't fight for the ball. And he is way way way overrated, as is Moore. He can't get open.

So basically let Boldin, VD, Crabs, MM, Gore go, for unproven, Patton, suckage in Williams, unproven Vance McDonald and Celek, Unproven Chris Harper, Good Hunter, unproven and we dont know if healthy Lattimore. just to keep Kap happy with a stupid contract that will cripple the cap.

Same goes for Defense, lets give Aldon 15-20M a yr, so we lose Justin, Ray Mac, Rogers, Brown(Who is gone due to he wants more money then worth), Brooks, for unprovens in Tank, Dial, Lemonier. Suckage in Dobbs and Tukuafu. Unproven in Cox, and suckage of Brock, and injured Cully?

Not trying to sound harsh, but these scenarios are dumb, and make little sense. If they do it, Baalke is officially an idiot IMO. And I doubt Baalke will allow it, or Jed York will too.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Sep 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah, trade our only other weapon is smart,

He's the only guy that gets separation of all the guys we got.... The rest are all slow possession WR's or physical guys like Boldin.

Cant keep paying everyone some other high priced guys have to go ...

No they dont. If Kap and Aldon dont be selfish, we can keep our D together. Brooks shuldnt be cut. He had a great game, minus the penalty. Vernon is a legit threat. Makes no sense. Not bashing you, but makes no frigging sense.

I hear u not saying any of its right but really what player aint out for them selfs N not leaving any millons on tha table.. hell even tha great old P.manning didnt leave any for anyone why would keap or aldon it ???

Wrong. Broncos were in great cap shape, so they can absorb the 20M a yr cap hits.

You dont get rid of Vernon and Bldin for Kap's supposed $120.6M deal ala Flacco, which by the way is a horrible deal done by Newsome.

Then Aldon, you think we will cut Brooks, who is a damn solid OLB, and we are gonna get rid of guys like Justin and Ray Mac, not saying you said that, but by the method, that old players dont play well past 30 is stupid. All 3 are in their prime, and worth every penny. And if need be, McDonald and Brooks would take a pay cut, restructure to get Aldon signed.

I have no proof, but just my opinion, that Aldon and Kap aren't selfish, they both seem to be good people. Who want to be paid, but if it means taking 120M and losing Boldin/VD or both, or take 90-95M and keep VD and Boldin, your telling me Kap will be selfish and let the others go? Thats crazy. We would have s**t at WR and TE. Patton and Vance are unproven. What else at WR is good. Crabs may not be the same after the achilles, and same for Manningham on the ACL. Crabs is likely gone tho, he will want 60M IMO. Kyle Williams doesn't fight for the ball. And he is way way way overrated, as is Moore. He can't get open.

So basically let Boldin, VD, Crabs, MM, Gore go, for unproven, Patton, suckage in Williams, unproven Vance McDonald and Celek, Unproven Chris Harper, Good Hunter, unproven and we dont know if healthy Lattimore. just to keep Kap happy with a stupid contract that will cripple the cap.

Same goes for Defense, lets give Aldon 15-20M a yr, so we lose Justin, Ray Mac, Rogers, Brown(Who is gone due to he wants more money then worth), Brooks, for unprovens in Tank, Dial, Lemonier. Suckage in Dobbs and Tukuafu. Unproven in Cox, and suckage of Brock, and injured Cully?

Not trying to sound harsh, but these scenarios are dumb, and make little sense. If they do it, Baalke is officially an idiot IMO. And I doubt Baalke will allow it, or Jed York will too.

Check urself N read what i wrote i never said anythin about boldin brooks or alot of others u listed ... Rogers gone yea pls davis gone yea pls
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Anyone?

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
any news on his hammy ?

Any news on this?

Anyone?

news on mac and vernon tomorow...hopefully nothing serious but he might just be a decoy next week?
Oh the fake hammy when I suck trick
Check urself N read what i wrote i never said anythin about boldin brooks or alot of others u listed ... Rogers gone yea pls davis gone yea pls

I agree with Rogers, but not Vernon. He is still a top 5 TE, and you wanna trade him because he couldn't get open last night, news flash, no one could. Just trade the whole team. And WTF is with the N instead of And?

Is really a few million to just trade Vernon gonna solve anything. Whats the purpose of trading Vernon. To give more money to Kap and Aldon. Who you dont know will or will not be selfish. Yes players want money. But not everyone is selfish.

Brady did take a large bonus, but helped the pats to get picks, and Amendola signed. Willis did it too to get draft picks signed. Mario too. So not all players are selfish.

Peyton didnt take less, because Denver had 30M+ in cap space in 2012, so they could absorb the 20M a yr hit. They still got Welker.

We are leaning on cap hell again, unless we do something. That doesnt however mean getting rid of your best players. Get rid of overrated guys like Rogers, and old guys like Goodwin, and Whitner.

I agree with Rogers, but not Vernon. He is still a top 5 TE, and you wanna trade him because he couldn't get open last night, news flash, no one could. Just trade the whole team. And WTF is with the N instead of And?

Is really a few million to just trade Vernon gonna solve anything. Whats the purpose of trading Vernon. To give more money to Kap and Aldon. Who you dont know will or will not be selfish. Yes players want money. But not everyone is selfish.

Brady did take a large bonus, but helped the pats to get picks, and Amendola signed. Willis did it too to get draft picks signed. Mario too. So not all players are selfish.

Peyton didnt take less, because Denver had 30M+ in cap space in 2012, so they could absorb the 20M a yr hit. They still got Welker.

We are leaning on cap hell again, unless we do something. That doesnt however mean getting rid of your best players. Get rid of overrated guys like Rogers, and old guys like Goodwin, and Whitner.

My N is just how i do it N u aint tha 1st on here to b*tch about it just be thankful we dont text N u dont have to read how i spell other words N do my own style thing lol...who knows what will happen but my thoughts have nothing to do with age like u wanted to point out it has to do with we cant keep payin everyone N a 5+ millon dollar TE is alot overpriced to me when he aint making that many plays ...
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

lol wut?

vernon clearly had a step on sherman, kap badly under threw him

My N is just how i do it N u aint tha 1st on here to b*tch about it just be thankful we dont text N u dont have to read how i spell other words N do my own style thing lol...who knows what will happen but my thoughts have nothing to do with age like u wanted to point out it has to do with we cant keep payin everyone N a 5+ millon dollar TE is alot overpriced to me when he aint making that many plays ...

I think Vernon would say different. Gronk makes 5M plus and makes plays. Correct me if I am wrong, but VD had 98 yards and 2 TDs in week 1, right? Or was that a mirage?

Gonzlaez, Witten, Gates, all make over 5M and are still top TEs.

NameTeamTotal
Value
APYGuaranteeGuarantee
Per Year
Percent
Guaranteed
Free
Agency
Rob Gronkowski Patriots $54,000,000 $9,000,000 $13,170,000 $2,195,000 24.4% 2020
Jason Witten Cowboys $37,000,000 $7,400,000 $13,532,000 $2,706,400 36.6% 2018
Vernon Davis 49ers $36,750,000 $7,350,000 $11,112,000 $2,222,400 30.2% 2016
Antonio Gates Chargers $36,175,000 $7,235,000 $8,800,000 $1,760,000 24.3% 2016
Jared Cook Rams $35,100,000 $7,020,000 $16,000,000 $3,200,000 45.6% 2018
Tony Gonzalez Falcons $14,000,000 $7,000,000 $5,250,000 $2,625,000 37.5% 2015
Jermichael Finley Packers $14,000,000 $7,000,000 $5,450,000 $2,725,000 38.9% 2014
Zach Miller Seahawks $34,000,000 $6,800,000 $13,000,000 $2,600,000 38.2% 2016
Marcedes Lewis Jaguars $34,000,000 $6,800,000 $8,650,000 $1,730,000 25.4% 2016
Heath Miller Steelers $33,750,000 $6,750,000 $12,500,000 $2,500,000 37.0% 2015
Greg Olsen Panthers $22,800,000 $5,700,000 $6,200,000 $1,550,000 27.2% 2016V
Owen Daniels Texans $21,687,500 $5,421,875 $9,000,000 $2,250,000 41.5% 2015
Martellus Bennett Bears $20,400,000 $5,100,000 $5,215,000 $1,303,750 25.6% 2017

Again nothing personal, but you seem more like a troll IMO. Just my opinion.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

lol. I was actually hoping this was the case.
I have no proof, but just my opinion, that Aldon and Kap aren't selfish, they both seem to be good people. Who want to be paid, but if it means taking 120M and losing Boldin/VD or both, or take 90-95M and keep VD and Boldin, your telling me Kap will be selfish and let the others go? Thats crazy.

I dunno, have you seen Kaep's shoe collection?
Share 49ersWebzone