LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Mort was just on and said at combine he has never seen a team more hurting from a SB loss than the 49ers.

In what context was that quote? When he says we're hurting... Does he mean that we're bitter about the loss and are whiny babies? Does he mean that we're angry and are fired up to get back there? Does he mean that we're demoralized by our less and will weaken?
Originally posted by Wubbie:
In what context was that quote? When he says we're hurting... Does he mean that we're bitter about the loss and are whiny babies? Does he mean that we're angry and are fired up to get back there? Does he mean that we're demoralized by our less and will weaken?

Great question. I would guess demoralized.

"Hey guys. Time to get ready for a game we hope we're playing in 9 months from now. For the 3rd straight year''
Thanks for the link.
[ Edited by keeferr75 on Mar 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM ]
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Mort was just on and said at combine he has never seen a team more hurting from a SB loss than the 49ers.

#Robbed
untrue. we only have ourselves and the coaches to blame

oh right, Baltimore brought their Refs and we forgot to bring ours. Harbaugh was totally unprepared

mods- time to intervene

Why exactly? Perhaps that is part of the reason the loss stings so much for some.

I am not going to blame myself because I had nothing to do with the loss so the blaming ourselves thing is out the window. I will assign some blame to the players, some blame to the coaches and some blame to the refs for their poor calls.

hard to stomach that.. this is how the offensive side of the season ends.
[ Edited by keeferr75 on Mar 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM ]
With a solid pro bowl season, Vernon Davis will break Brent Jones' team TE records for catches and yards. Thought that was cool.

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXJXXJoneBr00.htm&t=1
From bust to star. Say what you want about Singletary. A horrible coach but what he did to Vernon was amazing.
From bust to star. Say what you want about Singletary. A horrible coach but what he did to Vernon was amazing.
So he'd need about 73 receptions and 850 yards. Not sure he could pull that off in this offense. 2 years is probably more realistic.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So he'd need about 73 receptions and 850 yards. Not sure he could pull that off in this offense. 2 years is probably more realistic.

If we could just feature him like we do in the playoffs, he would reach that easily in 1 year.

• Jiks
BJ>VD
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
BJ>VD

True, I'd much rather get a BJ over VD any day of the week, and twice on Sundays
brent jones ftw fwiw idgaf smc
Comparing the two isn't fair to either. Different era's of the position. Love the SCU Guy, but VD is a different beast.
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
Comparing the two isn't fair to either. Different era's of the position. Love the SCU Guy, but VD is a different beast.

and jones had a better QB throwing at him.
Share 49ersWebzone