LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
He is now in the top 12 for all time recieving yards for TEs
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Another guy we could have used that is better than what is on the roster....
Originally posted by jcs:

He was born in Washington. The fire was just about out on VD. He needed something to get that edge again. Much like Kaep.

Once these guys got paid they lost the will to fight.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

He was born in Washington. The fire was just about out on VD. He needed something to get that edge again. Much like Kaep.

I still believe he was playing through some injuries.. or wasn't all the way back from the previous year's injuries. With us and the Broncos.

People bashed him bringing up his private business or his painting...well because he let people know about it. In life as soon as you open up anything about your life, people use it against you for the easiest out....instead of looking deeper for what ever problem you might be going through.

edit- Vernon got PAID as soon as he got into the league. He used to have fire and fight.... (in camp with teammates...on the field....but some...media/team...wanted him to cool down, and they got it.)
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 30, 2016 at 10:04 PM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Washington is a very TE friendly offense, they know who to utilize Vernon properly. The skills were always there with VD, but we got rid of him at a time when he was dealing with injuries, and we were struggling at the QB position and unable to utilize him properly. I knew it would be a mistake to trade, but this team and fan base is quick to give up on it's players. Now we are stuck with Vance.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Everyone does better once they leave this terrible franchise.
Originally posted by susweel:

Kind of like the Kings (Sacramento).

I'm not a Kings' fan, but Kings fans always tell me about how their ex-players thrive on other teams. Used to live in Crapramento.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran

Someone mad.
Cousins is on target .
No DShean Jackson so
Vernon going off.

Good for him.
Vernon having a great season. He has turned back the clock. Happy for him.

It's safe to say the Niners are ridiculous at drafting tight ends. Vernon Davis is doing excellent and Delaney Walker is sick. I love how s**tty teams can pay him almost 8,000,000 a year because they're so s**tty and steal him from us. We did not have the Space to keep all of our great players like cox, delanie, iupati, crabtree to a degree and so on. We better spend cash this year to get players that are great from teams that are great. What comes around goes around.
  • titan
  • Veteran
He is doing good because he is not a leading. For the money he was paid he needed to be an example and a leader and he was neither. He is an outstanding complimentary player.
He is still a starter and would be close to 1000 yard 10 td te if he didn't have to split with reed. He actually has a qb throwing to him.
Originally posted by elguapo:
It's safe to say the Niners are ridiculous at drafting tight ends. Vernon Davis is doing excellent and Delaney Walker is sick. I love how s**tty teams can pay him almost 8,000,000 a year because they're so s**tty and steal him from us. We did not have the Space to keep all of our great players like cox, delanie, iupati, crabtree to a degree and so on. We better spend cash this year to get players that are great from teams that are great. What comes around goes around.

He still played like garbage in Denver but got a ring.

His local washington family and friends are putting the pressure on him do do better.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by FL9er:

Someone mad.

Yes I'm mad we are the second worst team in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone