LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
bringing the hat

The Early Doucet hit could be a flag now even though he hits with his shoulder because Doucet is "unprotected." The Williams hit is legal any way you look at it. Still, I have to say, whether any of us like it or not, the NFL is trying to officiate this kind of defensive playing out of the game obviously because of the threat of concussion lawsuits. That's why I appreciate the fact that both Reid and Bethea are much more oriented towards tight coverage and preventing the catch than they are separating the receiver from the ball after a catch. And zero flags on either of them means no phony drive-extending ref plays.
Originally posted by crake49:
The Early Doucet hit could be a flag now even though he hits with his shoulder because Doucet is "unprotected." The Williams hit is legal any way you look at it. Still, I have to say, whether any of us like it or not, the NFL is trying to officiate this kind of defensive playing out of the game obviously because of the threat of concussion lawsuits. That's why I appreciate the fact that both Reid and Bethea are much more oriented towards tight coverage and preventing the catch than they are separating the receiver from the ball after a catch. And zero flags on either of them means no phony drive-extending ref plays.

So you are saying the hit Kam put on VD he had a chance to protect himself? If that hit was fine then Goldson's hit was fine as well. Hitting is part of the game and I understand the league is looking out for player safety or their own wallets but Goldson hits harder than any safety in the league especially when he was with us. Ask Aaron Hernandez
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
So you are saying the hit Kam put on VD he had a chance to protect himself? If that hit was fine then Goldson's hit was fine as well. Hitting is part of the game and I understand the league is looking out for player safety or their own wallets but Goldson hits harder than any safety in the league especially when he was with us. Ask Aaron Hernandez

No, I don't think VD had a chance if we're talking about the same hit (deep down the right sideline?) Don't misunderstand me. I agree with you on Goldson and I always appreciated his play. I just think the reality is that this kind of safety play is turning into a negative in the NFL because of all the flags they're throwing. And, if I'm not mistaken, they threw a flag on Chancellor on that play a couple seasons ago when he clocked Davis. I may be wrong about that.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

No, I don't think VD had a chance if we're talking about the same hit (deep down the right sideline?) Don't misunderstand me. I agree with you on Goldson and I always appreciated his play. I just think the reality is that this kind of safety play is turning into a negative in the NFL because of all the flags they're throwing. And, if I'm not mistaken, they threw a flag on Chancellor on that play a couple seasons ago when he clocked Davis. I may be wrong about that.

No flag, VD mistake was jumping up and catching it with his belly, catching it with his hands and staying on his feet would have been better
So we gave him an extension
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I think it's safe to be unbiased and say that VD is definitely scared of Kam Chancellor.

Based on what ?

This ?

Lol.

A few 2014 post season stats / facts.

Julius Thomas vs Seattle Sun 2/2
4 rec 27 yrds 0 td

Jimmy Graham vs Seattle Sat 1/11
1 rec 8 yrds 0 td

Vernon Davis vs Seattle Sun 1/19
2 rec 16 yrds 0 td

Yes everyone is scared of Kam Chancellor and no it has definitely nothing to do with Seattles scheme, their game plan and their defense as a whole.

Who cares if other TEs suck...we still need him to step up against Seattle since he thinks he's the best ...

.I don't know if he's scared...but he does have a reason to play cautious

I am thinking what ur saying it. That above was bold. If we have TE sucks then I need V.Davis must get gains his weight heavy. The weight heavy will make V.Davis get a strong his metal body and won't get hurt. Kam will tackle to Vdavis for his weight heavy. Kam will possible fall his head like ( head in buzz!!)... I need him if he can catch the ball and saw Kam coming over him. Go run and hit hard on him when Kam got a tackle it. Kam will get a hurt and suffer his pain. If he will away Vdavis again. Then we possible get a win. Trust me!.

This!,,,,. I am glad that V.Davis is back in trainning camp and need show Kam. He need angry and smash on him. He is bigger than Kam!.... Go V.Davis!,,
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jul 23, 2014 at 6:52 PM ]
This!,,,,. I am glad that V.Davis is back in trainning camp and need show Kam. He need angry and smash on him. He is bigger than Kam!.... Go V.Davis!,,

That's the BuZz we all know and love!! No more negative BuZz.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 23, 2014 at 7:05 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

vernon is a team player, knowing how good we could be this year, there was no way he was not going to report today. unlike some,, boone,, he puts the team ahead of himself. now i am not dumb enough not to think he is also reporting to show good faith to the team in the hopes he will get a new deal but you can not deny he is about the team and based upon the teams reaction today,,, they are very happy to see him and could have cared less what he did or did not do a month or two months ago
Originally posted by cciowa:
vernon is a team player, knowing how good we could be this year, there was no way he was not going to report today. unlike some,, boone,, he puts the team ahead of himself. now i am not dumb enough not to think he is also reporting to show good faith to the team in the hopes he will get a new deal but you can not deny he is about the team and based upon the teams reaction today,,, they are very happy to see him and could have cared less what he did or did not do a month or two months ago

Agreed. I always had a strong feeling VD would be here. I was a little more skeptical on Boone since he's never cashed in on a big long-term deal before. He's desperate.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

Agreed. I always had a strong feeling VD would be here. I was a little more skeptical on Boone since he's never cashed in on a big long-term deal before. He's desperate.
and unlike our current collection of tight ends,, we have some nice depth and possibilities, along the offensive line which makes boones absence not tragic,, in my opinion. what do they say? its all about an opportunity.. well with boone not here, there is a opportunity for someone to take hold of

did I talking about negative by v.david? Or kap? Ofc I was negative about kap. I wanted him learn his mistake and learn less it. He was not very good at bad decided that throw it. I know, Kap was very good because Kap knowledge it. won't worry about negative. I give kap for advice that I need kap must smart how manner clock and find the open then throw the ball to him that without coverage than coverage with (Sherman to crabtree.
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jul 24, 2014 at 7:45 AM ]
Vernon's non participation in OTA's and mandatory mini camp my just have been a blessing in disguise. He is healthy and ready for training camp.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

But this ain't the Kap thread doe
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Vernon Davis ‏@VernonDavis85

With great football comes great responsibility. I am #CaptainTorpedo

Share 49ersWebzone