There are 227 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by verb1der:
If I was Baalke I'd wait until VD faces Kam Chancellor again, if he can catch 1 pass then maybe he deserves a raise!

Please. It's not hard to level someone when they're not bracing for impact (because they don't see you coming). I've seen far better hits than that.

Or worse, depending on your POV.
Originally posted by baltien:
If I was Baalke I'd wait until VD faces Kam Chancellor again, if he can catch 1 pass then maybe he deserves a raise!

Please. It's not hard to level someone when they're not bracing for impact (because they don't see you coming). I've seen far better hits than that.

which hit we talking about? he has trucked him a few times
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Maybe he doesn't and that's the strategy. His agent must know he could start at tackle for some teams and make a lot more money doing that.

This is a bad strategy if a trade is what they are banking on....I could definitely see them letting him rot for a season if he doesnt report.

It depends. Boone's agent may know something we don't know, like that there are a couple teams who would like to wait until Niner organizational frustration is at its height and then come in with a decent offer like a third rounder or something like that. If he continues to hold out, I could easily imagine Baalke pulling the trigger for a second or third round pick plus possibly another player.

IMO those teams are going to have a long wait. Boone will cave long before the Niners will get lowballed by some team waiting in the wings.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
I'm betting if he holds out too long, there is a good chance he gets traded.

Trade him for a CB? Hmmm.
Yes please.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Every hit on every player that wasn't able to brace for impact. Ever.

Meaning, it's a given that the defenseless player in this equation is going to come out on the losing end of a 200+ lb safety flying at them at full speed.

I imagine that many Seahawk fans aren't aware--being new to the NFL and all--but Kam is hardly the league's only hard hitter. Nor is he the hardest hitter.
  • thl408
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/07/23/kaepernick-happy-davis-reported-not-the-type-of-person-to-walk-out-on-his-team/

Davis was not among the five players made available to the media during the hour-long, noon-time session, at which time he did comment through Twitter.
"Get ready for a new season and a new superhero. I am #CaptainTorpedo," Davis tweeted with a photo of a "Captain Torpedo" logo without further elaboration.

I'll go ahead and read too much into it. He started off the year underwater, but is about to blow it up. Hence, Captain Torpedo.
Originally posted by thl408:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/07/23/kaepernick-happy-davis-reported-not-the-type-of-person-to-walk-out-on-his-team/

Davis was not among the five players made available to the media during the hour-long, noon-time session, at which time he did comment through Twitter.
"Get ready for a new season and a new superhero. I am #CaptainTorpedo," Davis tweeted with a photo of a "Captain Torpedo" logo without further elaboration.

I'll go ahead and read too much into it. He started off the year underwater, but is about to blow it up. Hence, Captain Torpedo.

He needs to tweet a pic of captain "already getting paid what I deserve-o" And he can drop the brand stuff at anytime now.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Every hit on every player that wasn't able to brace for impact. Ever.

Meaning, it's a given that the defenseless player in this equation is going to come out on the losing end of a 200+ lb safety flying at them at full speed.

I imagine that many Seahawk fans aren't aware--being new to the NFL and all--but Kam is hardly the league's only hard hitter. Nor is he the hardest hitter.

Kam is the only defender that consistently rocks VD, and VD definitely knows it.
CaptainTorpedo could just be something to psych himself out for next time he faces Chancellor who's torpedoed VD a few times as we know.
  • thl408
Originally posted by ninerjok:
CaptainTorpedo could just be something to psych himself out for next time he faces Chancellor who's torpedoed VD a few times as we know.

Maybe he'd rather be underwater because seagulls aren't found underwater.

It's been EXACTLY a few times (meaning 3), if I remember correctly. What would you expect when the Niners play them two or three times a year? He's the safety and Vernon is the TE. It happens. At least Davis doesn't completely disappear from a game after the hits (other than the one time he took a concussion) like Jimmy Graham. I wouldn't make any more out of this than necessary. My guess is that Davis is not going to bed having nightmares about Kam Chancellor and he's not afraid of playing him either.
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:
Kam is the only defender that consistently rocks VD, and VD definitely knows it.

Dashon Goldson hit fools much harder than Kam ever did
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:

Dashon Goldson hit fools much harder than Kam ever did

Unnecessary roughness calls in 2013:

Goldson: 5
Whitner: 5
Chancellor: 1

Bethea: 0
Reid: 0
  • thl408
VD produces less against SEA because SEA is a good defense that takes away an offense's strength, not because he is scared of Kam. The attention given to VD as he runs down the field is very noticeable when playing SEA.
Unnecessary roughness calls in 2013:

Goldson: 5
Whitner: 5
Chancellor: 1

Bethea: 0
Reid: 0
I ain't talking about bad officiating. I'm talking about licking fools! Goldson be bringing the hat!

Share 49ersWebzone