LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000367568/article/vernon-davis-reports-to-san-francisco-49ers-camp

look at Okoye at the end.. dude is HUGE.
Originally posted by tondiman:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000367568/article/vernon-davis-reports-to-san-francisco-49ers-camp

I know, the guy is one incredible physical specimen. Still can't play football LOL.
  • thl408
Great news on VD showing up. He is a critical part of the 49ers game plan.
Originally posted by tondiman:

Enormous!

VD looks VERY happy to be back home.
Vance McDonald... had a farmmmm
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
no shock vernon is in the house,, it was a non story back then and its a non story now. he tried something , the niners did not blink so he will now go about getting something done the right way. i will now assume the hate and vile people had for him is now gone?
Unless you're like AP or Tom Brady where you're basically a team of one, holdouts are pointless. If you sit out the entire year, the only thing you're doing is affecting your future earning potential. No team is going to sign a guy that just laid off an entire year to a blockbuster deal.

Good thing that Vernon came to his senses and reported to camp. If he puts up good numbers again (and I'm sure he will), then he'll get paid next season.

Not hard to figure out.
[ Edited by baltien on Jul 23, 2014 at 1:41 PM ]
Maybe the stock holders told Vernon "The Brand" Davis that he better show up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Maybe the stock holders told Vernon "The Brand" Davis that he better show up.

or maybe he decided it all by himself because he is a niner and a team player. in my opinion his silly little "holdouts" mean nothing now but i know to some, everytime he drops a pass or he has a bad day at camp, it will make headlines in the monthly edition of the vernon hating news letter
I always thought it was just a ploy to make his brand/stock more visable and I wouldn't be surprised if it was either an "agreement" to take time off and rest and get guys like McDonald up to speed (which he benfited from big time with his chemistry with CK based on his own intervew) or a typical veteran move to take some extra time off. Think how many games our veterans have played over the past 3 years! We should salute the veterans who've had yet, another year, of perfect attendance!

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Vernon is back !
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
Unless you're like AP or Tom Brady where you're basically a team of one, holdouts are pointless. If you sit out the entire year, the only thing you're doing is affecting your future earning potential. No team is going to sign a guy that just laid off an entire year a blockbuster deal.

Good thing that Vernon came to his senses and reported to camp. If he puts up numbers again (and I'm sure he will), then he'll get paid next season.

Not hard to figure out.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
I always thought it was just a ploy to make his brand/stock more visable and I wouldn't be surprised if it was either an "agreement" to take time off and rest and get guys like McDonald up to speed (which he benfited from big time with his chemistry with CK based on his own intervew) or a typical veteran move to take some extra time off. Think how many games our veterans have played over the past 3 years! We should salute the veterans who've had yet, another year, of perfect attendance!

It was a *very expensive* vacation!
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:

It was a *very expensive* vacation!

LOL. I wonder how much he tallied up to date. Someone should check the books and see they really docked his pay. Hehe
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah, I'm not so sure with Boone.......next man up!

I give Boone no more than 2 weeks and he will show by the dress rehearsal game. Costs too much dough for him to sit out no matter who his hardliner agents are. Baalke won't blink so it is up to Boone

I'm betting if he holds out too long, there is a good chance he gets traded.
Share 49ersWebzone