LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by crabman82:
not sure what this has to do with vernon davis? luke willson is a jag, just another guy, vernon davis isnt but he looks like it vs seattle.

If Vernon plays scared against Seattle cause of that 1 hard hit, Luke Wilson will never play another down against us. Of course both points are nonsense. It�s Football. Players get hit all the time. It was surely not the 1st time Davis got laid out.

The fact Davis looks averag against Seattle has nothing to do with Davis playing "scared". Their linebackers and safetys just do a very good job taking Davis out of the game.

Bobby Wagner is just trying to fuel the fire. Talking a whole bunch of nonsense !

we're comapring luke willson to vernon davis. if willson is scared vs us going forward, does anyone care? if vernon davis is playing scared going forward thats a big deal to the niners.

I dont want to compare the two. I try to explain that neither of them will play scared in the future cause of that 1 hard hit. I could have used any other hard hit in the NFL from the last couple of years. Just used Luke WIlson cause it came from a Seahawk player bringing up the same hit over and over again.

Nothing I see on tape tells me that Davis plays scared against Seattle. Nothing. He is T-Rexing the ball the same way against any other team.

By that same logic Percy Harvin will s**t his pants every time he has to face the Saints in the future. Or Sherman will never try to tackle Vance McDonald again. Or Stevan Ridley sends a few prayers every time he runs.

Hard hits are normal. They happen 24/7.

It�s not like Chancellor is that crazy enforcer that knocked Davis out cold multiple times. He laid one good hit on Davis while he was pretty much defenseless. One.

Almost laughable to claim that Davis plays scared now cause of that one hit.

It's dumb/laughable to claim anyone knows the mental status of any player on the field unless the player himself expresses it.

So let's stop with the "VD is scared" garbage, mkay?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
It's dumb/laughable to claim anyone knows the mental status of any player on the field unless the player himself expresses it.

So let's stop with the "VD is scared" garbage, mkay?

This !
  • buck
  • Veteran
Seattle players run their mouths.

They are happy when people pay attention.

Why respond?

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Seattle players run their mouths.

They are happy when people pay attention.

Why respond?

Was just too tempting. Next time I will get me a full glass of cold water instead !
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Bobby Wagner on First take Vernon Davis plays scared against us

Whats frusterating is we were flagged on that drive... arrghhh
Take a seat Vernon and watch us run 3 and 4WR sets and when we need a TE we call on VMac

You play...or no pay.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Take a seat Vernon and watch us run 3 and 4WR sets and when we need a TE we call on VMac

You play...or no pay.

but hes vernon davis! the offensive is incapable of scoring without him! have you read nothing in this thread?!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

yep, that was 3rd down i think.
Friggn' Whitner. So glad he's gone.
I think it's safe to be unbiased and say that VD is definitely scared of Kam Chancellor. It's unfortunate, but I hope he's ready to redeem himself the next time we face the Seahawks. I'm pretty sure the media is going to rape this topic when time comes, you guys watch.

If you look at NFL stats for TE for 2013 VD is # 14 on the list. There is no way he is worth what he is getting now let alone more money. I say we hire Singletary to come in and spend one day with VD and give him another attitude adjustment. Vd knows that he needs more money because if he plans to fall back on his art work after football there won't be very much income . I've seen better art from 3rd graders. Just saying!
Originally posted by verb1der:
I think it's safe to be unbiased and say that VD is definitely scared of Kam Chancellor. It's unfortunate, but I hope he's ready to redeem himself the next time we face the Seahawks. I'm pretty sure the media is going to rape this topic when time comes, you guys watch.

Unfortunately it's true. I'm glad he got called out though because now he's got something to prove. No more playing like a b**** against Seattle or everybody will notice.
Originally posted by WilliamDonovan:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Unfortunately it's true. I'm glad he got called out though because now he's got something to prove. No more playing like a b**** against Seattle or everybody will notice.

Unfortunately, it's not true, and you guys are making up your own narrative based on conjecture and assumption.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

yep, that was 3rd down i think.

Absolutely drove me NUTS!

I'm also glad he's gone.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Vernon needs to get his boots on and get ready to go to TC. Niners don't negotiate with holdouts.
Share 49ersWebzone