LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
agree. when all those parts are working, combined with a improved ck who can hurt you with his legs as well, I am not sure how even roman could f**k it up.

Here's to a great year from the offense win the chip and Roman gets hired as the new Raiders coach
once vernon has a bad game a segment of the base will say
well he should not have held out of camp
well he should not have said the word brand
well he should not have taken a picture with jimmy grahm on june 25th
well he should not have tweeted on june 28th
one thing always leads to everything right?

As the saying goes, you make your own bed ....
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO, VD will have a tremendous year since we improved our WR corps.

He should, I'm hoping, see less double coverage as the season progresses.

if crabs and boldin are full go,, its pretty hard to double vernon. then if those guys are at a high level, the opposition can not afford to stack the line to defend our run thus leaving them vulnerable to those 3 downfield. whatever stevie, miss lloyd, baldwin, the rookie, whomever bring to the table will just be gravy

I'm feeling the same thing. It's like excellent combination punching in boxing. When it's working it is almost unstoppable.
agree. when all those parts are working, combined with a improved ck who can hurt you with his legs as well, I am not sure how even roman could f**k it up.

Jst watch him.

I'm hoping he sees the light.
yes lets take vernon outside and beat the s**t out of him for having interests outside of football like most other players have. thank you for bringing that up, that is another thing i will add to the list of things to hear and read when he has a bad game

Oh man, that is fricking funny. I laughed so hard when I read this that my jaw still hurts.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

well he should not have thought he was the second coming picasso
yes lets take vernon outside and beat the s**t out of him for having interests outside of football like most other players have. thank you for bringing that up, that is another thing i will add to the list of things to hear and read when he has a bad game

Also, some might even get as picky as... well he should have went with Tropical Smoothie instead of Jamba Juice
I'm glad that it seems Vernon will be back and ready to go. I'm wondering how he and Mangini will get along - Mangini is now the tight end coach, right? I think I read somewhere that Mangini has had some problems getting along with some players - kinda prickly, maybe. Who knows about personalities for sure - they may both want to support each others egos or just happen to get along, so it could be no problem. Might be one to keep an eye on, though.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I'm glad that it seems Vernon will be back and ready to go. I'm wondering how he and Mangini will get along - Mangini is now the tight end coach, right? I think I read somewhere that Mangini has had some problems getting along with some players - kinda prickly, maybe. Who knows about personalities for sure - they may both want to support each others egos or just happen to get along, so it could be no problem. Might be one to keep an eye on, though.

They may not see eye to eye on something, but if things escalate, VD will paint a portrait of Mangini to hang in his office as a peace offering.... all is forgiven
Vernon victim of Ponzi scheme

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brokerage-ordered-to-pay-investing-nfl--nba-players--13-7m---key-figures-in-alleged-ponzi-scheme-met-at--wolf-of-wall-street--firm-061322809-nfl.html
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brokerage-ordered-to-pay-investing-nfl--nba-players--13-7m---key-figures-in-alleged-ponzi-scheme-met-at--wolf-of-wall-street--firm-061322809-nfl.html

so is this the stock s**t that vernon is talking about? his "brand"?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

so is this the stock s**t that vernon is talking about? his "brand"?

lol maybe. Schemers were a couple brown dudes.

NEVER trust a brown person with your finances unless his name is Paraag. #jk #notsrs

• buck
  • Veteran

My impression was that you had little tolerance for players who held out.

If I remember correctly, you said something along the lines that Boone should stop complaining.

Your posts in defense of Vernon Davis seem to be in conflict with your stance on Boone.

In my estimation, Boone deserves a pay raise more than Davis.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
I'm sure that $200k was well worth it
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Still got to wait until he shows up, still a lot of time. who knows what he will think next week ?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I think that he made more $$ that week doing promotional crap, appearances, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone