There are 178 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Maybe if yo candy ass showed up during the NFCCG...

maybe if aldon did not jump off side
maybe if the team could have gotten 7 and not a field goal when we got the opening fumble from wilson
maybe if ck had not missed crabs by a few inches or could have seen a wide open guy on the other side of the field
lotta maybes to go around in that loss as there is in most losses but I guess if you have decided to hate on vernon, then you have your mind made up . the fact he won a playoff game vs the saints for us and had he not have had the smarts to drag his foot on the td vs the panthers we may not have won that game I guess means nothing to you in regards to the overall body of vernons work in the playoffs for us

That was his only catch in the Carolina game...glad he caught it...but it's not like he was owning the carolina defense
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jun 23, 2014 at 8:25 AM ]

maybe if the team could have gotten 7 and not a field goal when we got the opening fumble from wilson
maybe if ck had not missed crabs by a few inches or could have seen a wide open guy on the other side of the field
lotta maybes to go around in that loss as there is in most losses but I guess if you have decided to hate on vernon, then you have your mind made up . the fact he won a playoff game vs the saints for us and had he not have had the smarts to drag his foot on the td vs the panthers we may not have won that game I guess means nothing to you in regards to the overall body of vernons work in the playoffs for us

guy has played what 7 playoff games? and is already 1st or 2nd all time for tds by a tight end in the playoffs. have an off game for a change in the playoffs against a great secondary and this is how the fans treat you.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
CC, you get to involved and attached to these players..and how can you say Lloyd beat out Baldwin when these camps don't mean anything?

And with the VD thing ..no one wants him gone..unless he gets even more stupid by holding out a little longer but that's another story. Some of us see this team as a great system right now.

You see it as the end of the world without VD, I think we survive even if the TE production goes down
fyi,, when they become x niners i forget they ever played for us. another poster reminded me that jon b was hurt in camp so now i can go on hoping he beats out miss lloyd! I stopped getting involved with players since free agency began. what i am upset with are the posters generating drama and nonsensical things as a justification for hating him,, the latest is he posted pics on facebook with another player which i guess is a terrible thing to do. yes i think our "team" offense would suffer if vernon leaves. but its about the team, i would feel the same way if we lost boldin or crabs or ck or aldon ( i need to stop saying"or") because i feel the team will suffer. i am sure vernon will be here for another two years. after that if he is not here, i will moan about for a day and then move on. hey if i can erase joe montana from my mind the day after he got traded , i can do that with any player
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That was his only catch in the Carolina game...glad he caught it...but it's not like he was owning the carolina defense

Well.... scoring points and demanding attention are two different things. The Panthers gave a LOT of attention to Davis which opened up things for other players (like Patton).
good job gm,, his contribution to the team is not only measured in quik stats.. it also helped us we had a little welp playing qb for the other team that day
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
He posted pics of him and Jimmy Graham on Facebook.

holy s**t,, another reason to cut him, i can add that to my list. people are really getting carried away here in throwing s**t at the wall and hoping it sticks to vernon. he posted some pics on facebook with him and another tight end,, yes , lets just take vernon outside and beat the s**t out of him for that. holy cow

Just posting the truth dude, chill out.

Not the albino!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

holy s**t,, another reason to cut him, i can add that to my list. people are really getting carried away here in throwing s**t at the wall and hoping it sticks to vernon. he posted some pics on facebook with him and another tight end,, yes , lets just take vernon outside and beat the s**t out of him for that. holy cow

would you have posted that tidbit had he been at mini camp last week?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
guy has played what 7 playoff games? and is already 1st or 2nd all time for tds by a tight end in the playoffs. have an off game for a change in the playoffs against a great secondary and this is how the fans treat you.

This.

I say it again. His talk this off season goes on my nerves and he definitely deserves that people now make fun of him. BUT he is one of the highest paid player on our team for a reason !
[ Edited by DeUh on Jun 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM ]
He's great, he's a contributor, he's a key part of the offense and maybe he should be paid like the best TE in the league, but this is all irrelevant and unnecessary.

He's under contract for 2 more seasons. He literally has no options short of retirement and since he's so concerned with his "brand," he's not about to do anything like that. This is just the worst kind of bluff - the kind where you not only have no good cards to play, but the opposition has a strong hand. I don't see the Niners doing anything but insisting that he get his butt into camp and play out his contract.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
He's great, he's a contributor, he's a key part of the offense and maybe he should be paid like the best TE in the league, but this is all irrelevant and unnecessary.

He's under contract for 2 more seasons. He literally has no options short of retirement and since he's so concerned with his "brand," he's not about to do anything like that. This is just the worst kind of bluff - the kind where you not only have no good cards to play, but the opposition has a strong hand. I don't see the Niners doing anything but insisting that he get his butt into camp and play out his contract.

This bluff, this conflict, is between Davis and the front office.

I see no reason to take sides in this conflict.

Davis is the same player that he was before he started this holdout. His strengths and weaknesses have not changed.

He has been a major contributor to this team. That has not changed. It may change, but as of today, it has not.

His holdout is his. If he suffers for it, he suffers. If he gains by it, he gains.

I really do not care. I think that he will be back next year. Have to see what happens.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Well.... scoring points and demanding attention are two different things. The Panthers gave a LOT of attention to Davis which opened up things for other players (like Patton).

Glad he did all that for patton's one reception
If he continues to hold-out, it'll just force Roman even more-so into opening the offense up during early TC drills.
I don't care if he's God's gift to tight ends, or if he's only making $10 an hr.! He signed a friggin' contract and needs to honor it. That's about the gist of it.
  • Chief
  • Veteran

Most likely no, but the fact the picture is from several months ago, both tightends are holding out and Vernon is posting it this morning is very relative. He is making a statement and you can take it however you like.

Most likely no, but the fact the picture is from several months ago, both tightends are holding out and Vernon is posting it this morning is very relative. He is making a statement and you can take it however you like.

CC, you got to give VD more credit then that..there are reasons in his head to post the two holdouts TE
Share 49ersWebzone