LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
If VD is doubled, it is true other wr are matchrd man to man. Maybe just maybe its jot alex, not getting them the ball. Maybe its are below avg wr corps not beating the 1 v 1 coverage!!!

Im just saying!!!

BuZz is that you!?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Greg Roman is definitely in the hot seat this year. We have so much talent and we are still the same conservative offense that you cant depend on to win games in the 4th quarter.

You are nuts.

Peeps here have no idea what they are looking at. Greg Roman isn't on anything resembling a "hot seat". The 49ers will be lucky if they can keep him in his seat.

Why? The 49ers are not "conservative". They innovate...IN THE RUN GAME. They are BALANCED.

Alex Smith is the 3rd highest rated QB in the NFL and has thrown twice as many TDs (4) as incompletions (2) in the past 2 games.

Vernon isn't getting the ball because teams are taking him away with double and triple coverage. Ya know what happened tho? That leaves Crabtree in single coverage and is one of the reasons he's scored 3 times in the past 2 games. You don't throw the ball into triple coverage to win. You find the open guy.

It's really not that complicated.

The offense and mostly the pass has not progressed even with addition of better players. His play calling has been suspect in multiple games this year and especially during crunch time. Im not saying he should be fired but I would not be sad if he got another job in the off season.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
like frillz, whurr he went?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
If VD is doubled, it is true other wr are matchrd man to man. Maybe just maybe its jot alex, not getting them the ball. Maybe its are below avg wr corps not beating the 1 v 1 coverage!!!

Im just saying!!!

BuZz is that you!?

Somebody call 911, Ninerforlife is having a stroke...
Hope Vernon gets the ball on Monday night!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
We are a much more explosive team when Davis is contributing, granted he is doing a valiant Job of blocking.

But we didnt draft him to be a blocking TE ...yes , teams are doubling down on him , YES teams are making him the primary focus of their defensive gameplan , but why hasnt our coaching staff come up with some schemes to get him the ball , and if so much focus is on Davis , why havent any of the other receiving options benefited from the extra attention paid to #85???

I know we grinded out a win against Seattle , but Davis not having any passes thrown his way is inexcusable

measures need to be taken to get him the ball

- put him in the backfield and throw some screen passes to him

- use him as a slot receiver

- Let him run the Fly Sweep ...I DONT CARE ....GET HIME THE BALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not bashing our team in anyway , but when one of our top 3 weapons goes an entire game without a catch ...then the QB and coaching staff need to fix this and fast !!!!

Número 11
Vernon might have to stay on the line and help if the Bears decide to blitz.
V.D. does need the ball if double Alex must make them pay! ALEX come on!
Originally posted by susweel:
Greg Roman is definitely in the hot seat this year. We have so much talent and we are still the same conservative offense that you cant depend on to win games in the 4th quarter.

You are nuts.

Peeps here have no idea what they are looking at. Greg Roman isn't on anything resembling a "hot seat". The 49ers will be lucky if they can keep him in his seat.

Why? The 49ers are not "conservative". They innovate...IN THE RUN GAME. They are BALANCED.

Alex Smith is the 3rd highest rated QB in the NFL and has thrown twice as many TDs (4) as incompletions (2) in the past 2 games.

Vernon isn't getting the ball because teams are taking him away with double and triple coverage. Ya know what happened tho? That leaves Crabtree in single coverage and is one of the reasons he's scored 3 times in the past 2 games. You don't throw the ball into triple coverage to win. You find the open guy.

The offense and mostly the pass has not progressed even with addition of better players. His play calling has been suspect in multiple games this year and especially during crunch time. Im not saying he should be fired but I would not be sad if he got another job in the off season.

The YOU are nuts too. LOL!!!

The Niners were NEVER going to open it up and become a prolific passing offense. Harbaugh and Roman didn't do that when they had the best QB in college football at Stanford, so why would they do it in the NFL? Getting those playmakers was never about becoming a prolific passing team.

It was all about doing what they already did BETTER. It was about being able to pass when they needed to and being more efficiant in the passing game.

Alex has a 104.1 Passer rating, is completeing 70% of his passes, and outside of the Giants game is having a far better season this year than last. I'm not making this into an Alex Smith thread, I'm only using those stats because thats the only way to get a picture of the passing game.

If people are waiting to see the Niners open it up and start throwing bombs left and right, then you are going to be disappointed. Thats never who the Niners were going to be and I knew that the day Harbaugh was hired. Get used to it.

If you are incapable of seeing what it is that Roman is doing that makes the Niners so unique, then I don't know what to tell you. No team in the NFL confuses the other team at the line of scrimmage more than the Niners. Many formations. Many different plays out of every formation. Completely different gameplans every week making them very hard to prepare for. The #1 ranked rushing O in the NFL....and its top 2 backs averaging over 5 yards per carry.

So what do you have? #1 ranked run O, a QB with 3rd ranked QB rating, and a 6-2-1 record.

Roman isn't going anywhere unless he's becoming a Head Coach somewhere. Book it.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

You are nuts.

The Niners were NEVER going to open it up and become a prolific passing offense. Harbaugh and Roman didn't do that when they had the best QB in college football at Stanford, so why would they do it in the NFL? Getting those playmakers was never about becoming a prolific passing team.

It was all about doing what they already did BETTER. It was about being able to pass when they needed to and being more efficiant in the passing game.

Alex has a 104.1 Passer rating, is completeing 70% of his passes, and outside of the Giants game is having a far better season this year than last. I'm not making this into an Alex Smith thread, I'm only using those stats because thats the only way to get a picture of the passing game.

If people are waiting to see the Niners open it up and start throwing bombs left and right, then you are going to be disappointed. Thats never who the Niners were going to be and I knew that the day Harbaugh was hired. Get used to it.

If you are incapable of seeing what it is that Roman is doing that makes the Niners so unique, then I don't know what to tell you. No team in the NFL confuses the other team at the line of scrimmage more than the Niners. Many formations. Many different plays out of every formation. Completely different gameplans every week making them very hard to prepare for. The #1 ranked rushing O in the NFL....and its top 2 backs averaging over 5 yards per carry.

So what do you have? #1 ranked run O, a QB with 3rd ranked QB rating, and a 6-2-1 record.

Roman isn't going anywhere unless he's becoming a Head Coach somewhere. Book it.

Yes I hope he lands a head coaching job in college because he has more of a college type offense.

You are nuts.

Yes I hope he lands a head coaching job in college because he has more of a college type offense.

LOL. Wow.

OK. I guess there's no convincing you.

BTW, you do know of course that people said the EXACT same thing about Bill Walsh and the West Coast Offense. Don't be surprised if elements of the 49ers run game starts popping up all over the league.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
LOL. Wow.

BTW, you do know of course that people said the EXACT same thing about Bill Walsh and the West Coast Offense. Don't be surprised if elements of the 49ers run game starts popping up all over the league.

We had good run games under Jimmy Raye, Hostler, Norv Turner. Basically since Franky G has been here our run game has been pretty decent. Yes he is a little more creative in his formations but its nothing Walsh-like.
LOL. Wow.

We had good run games under Jimmy Raye, Hostler, Norv Turner. Basically since Franky G has been here our run game has been pretty decent. Yes he is a little more creative in his formations but its nothing Walsh-like.

WOW. Just....WOW. We are watching completely different things. If you don't see the diffference other than "a little more creative" then we really don't have anything more to say. We aren't even speaking the same language.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
LOL. Wow.

WOW. Just....WOW. We are watching completely different things. If you don't see the diffference other than "a little more creative" then we really don't have anything more to say. We aren't even speaking the same language.

Your just talking about run game and I'll give you that the run game is good but the pass game is still sub-par. and stop with the WOWs
LOL. Wow.

It already is! The Rams used our own "wham blocks" against us.
Share 49ersWebzone