There are 189 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
ya i feel u man but Vernon's the last person id blame. he blocked well, made plays when kap actually threw it to him in the playoffs and is a big reason we even made the playoffs. awesome team leader as well. we needed more size and speed outside, its painfully obvious. i think seattle drafted to catch up to our roster and now we have to do the same as far as WRs and corners go. we got our oline and dline depth last year, this year fix the holes at receiver and let Vernon have more space to be a beast out there.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
ya i feel u man but Vernon's the last person id blame. he blocked well, made plays when kap actually threw it to him in the playoffs and is a big reason we even made the playoffs. awesome team leader as well. we needed more size and speed outside, its painfully obvious. i think seattle drafted to catch up to our roster and now we have to do the same as far as WRs and corners go. we got our oline and dline depth last year, this year fix the holes at receiver and let Vernon have more space to be a beast out there.

The fact that our TE is our deep threat is where everything went wrong. When he was bigger he was a real beast and was a threat to take it to the house with the ball in his hands, a load to tackle.

Now, he's become super finesse, only a threat "over the top". Which is easy for a defense to adjust to.

Imo, he needs to put down the paintbrush, and get back in the gym!

Our deep threat needs to be a WR.
[ Edited by verb1der on Jan 21, 2014 at 5:27 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:

The fact that our TE is our deep threat is where everything went wrong. When he was bigger he was a real beast and was a threat to take it to the house with the ball in his hands, a load to tackle.

Now, he's become super finesse, only a threat "over the top". Which is easy for a defense to adjust to.

i still think hes hard to tackle, ive seen him break a lot of tackles this year man. sometimes they just get a better angle on him. in stride no one catches this dude and no one will be dumb enough to try to take him head on. hes improved his route running and hands a lot since he cut some weight, i think VD is still a beast. our deep threats do need to be our WRs tho. painfully obvious that we have no speed in our receiving corps. boldin is a beast of a receiver who gets open with his strength but we need a burner with some size. i think this year we have to trade up to get a big time prospect at WR. i think we have enough picks and half of those wont make the team anyway so go get what we need to put a superbowl champ in the new stadium next year
I wanted to get your opinion on this, after the 2011 postseason I was the first one to argue that Vernon Davis was the best in the league. 2012 He was involved and productive. 2013 on the other hand I was expecting A LOT more of VD, and was disappointed in his role. Id have to say it was more of the coaches rather than VD himself. Personally I still see potentially 3-4 more big years in VD, and absolutely rank him as a top 3 tight end.

SEASON TEAM GP REC TGTS YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST
2011 SF 2 10 15 292 29.2 73 4 7 0 0
2012 SF 3 12 19 254 21.2 44 1 11 0 0
2013 SF 3 5 14 54 10.8 28 2 4 0 0

i still think hes hard to tackle, ive seen him break a lot of tackles this year man. sometimes they just get a better angle on him. in stride no one catches this dude and no one will be dumb enough to try to take him head on. hes improved his route running and hands a lot since he cut some weight, i think VD is still a beast. our deep threats do need to be our WRs tho. painfully obvious that we have no speed in our receiving corps. boldin is a beast of a receiver who gets open with his strength but we need a burner with some size. i think this year we have to trade up to get a big time prospect at WR. i think we have enough picks and half of those wont make the team anyway so go get what we need to put a superbowl champ in the new stadium next year

I'm on board with this!

I'm on board with this!

i hope baalke and harbaugh are too lol.

I'm on board with this!

Mike Evans from WR Texas A&M! 6'5 225lbs "Sherman killer".

Make it happen Baalke!
[ Edited by verb1der on Jan 21, 2014 at 5:38 PM ]

I'm on board with this!

Mike Evans from WR Texas A&M! 6'5 225lbs "Sherman killer".

Make it happen Baalke!

thats huge! is he fast?
thats huge! is he fast?

I dont see an official 40 time...he looks fast in the highlights, certainly a deep threat! Projected to be an early first rounder so we'd have to trade up.

I'm clueless about the draft prospects this year though, time to educate myself in the draft thread!
Just tough matchups. Carolina and Seattle both have great defenses with tremendous athletes, particularly their linebackers. They are better equipped to cover VD than most teams.

ya seriously, i havent paid attention to the draft prospects since harbaugh got here since we dont draft early anymore hahaha. that watkins dude is a beast too i hear but i think he'll be long gone. probably top 10 from how people are talking about him
Kap needs to do a better job of looking for him. He isnt a great multi read QB, and rarely is vernon the first read. Let's see how the offense goes next year with a healthy crabs and another offseason for Kap
Anybody else feel a little demoralized when chancellor de-cleeted him? I mean is chancellor really the VD killer? Every match-up, he's had his number and had a big hit of some kind on him. VD needs to watch film on him and study his flaws. But also needs to get back to being nasty and a beast.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Anybody else feel a little demoralized when chancellor de-cleeted him? I mean is chancellor really the VD killer? Every match-up, he's had his number and had a big hit of some kind on him. VD needs to watch film on him and study his flaws. But also needs to get back to being nasty and a beast.

VD got de-cleated because the ball was late. Kap led him right into Chancellor. That ball should have been out earlier, giving VD a chance to catch, turn, and run. He was wide open right from the snap.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by martysofresh:

VD got de-cleated because the ball was late. Kap led him right into Chancellor. That ball should have been out earlier, giving VD a chance to catch, turn, and run. He was wide open right from the snap.
i think he got hurt against seattle the same way before. QB left the ball in the air too long and a little too late and got VD destroyed.
Share 49ersWebzone