LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
im surprised the morons on nfl net havent come up with a nickname for this dude yet. they want to name everyone with freakish size speed or skills
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
and mature vernon can catch, is a team leader, the best blocker in the league and runs way better routes than young vern

Young VD was not as agile and was purely a body-catcher.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
and mature vernon can catch, is a team leader, the best blocker in the league and runs way better routes than young vern

Young VD was not as agile and was purely a body-catcher.

he ran like a horse lol. he looked so unnatural when he ran and his only routes were right angles lol
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I love that VD is a 49er, I just wish he'd come out of the closet.
Originally posted by Chief:

VD totally has that Metro vibe about him, and if he was gay, the NFL would take it in stride and turn into a Pride parade to celebrate it, lol. Aaron Rodgers on the other hand, is fighting with Tom Cruise-like ferocity not to get outed!

Funny you say best blocker in the league, because when Brian Baldinger was asked last night about Jimmy Graham's effectiveness for the Saints run game he said "he's probably the worst blocking tight end in the league"!!

BTW, I looked up the big "breakout" game on page 1 of this thread and it was a 108 yard performance against Green Bay...

Wow, how far we have come.

I guess if Patton, Baldwin or McDonald post up a 100 yard game, we'll get the same thread!
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jan 9, 2014 at 6:10 AM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
Eventhough he caught the TD....I thought he had a relatively poor game today.

He's not the type of receiver that makes it easy on the QB...you basically have to throw him wide open. If you don't...he probably won't catch it. He just doesn't fight for the ball.

Exactly.

I think what hurts Vernon's perception a bit is that he's basically like a TE version of Mike Wallace. If he's not wide open it's a tough proposition for a catch, particularly down the field.

Can't rely on him to make the Boldin/Crabtree type catches, unfortunately. In every other category he is elite.
Two more years like this one and I think Vernon Davis may be HOF worthy....

VD totally has that Metro vibe about him, and if he was gay, the NFL would take it in stride and turn into a Pride parade to celebrate it, lol. Aaron Rodgers on the other hand, is fighting with Tom Cruise-like ferocity not to get outed!

I wish Matt Maiocco would come out of the closet

VD isn't gay. He just likes a lot of "allen" play from the ladies.

Originally posted by 3rdand3:

VD isn't gay. He just likes a lot of "allen" play from the ladies.

Ohhhhhhh Nooooooooo!(In Bruce from Family Guy's voice ) lol
honestly he might be gay, he ass rapes db's and lb's on the reg
Duke is turning into a playoff legend. Where do you think he ranks in Niners history as far as his collective playoff body of work goes?
Originally posted by theduke85:
Duke is turning into a playoff legend. Where do you think he ranks in Niners history as far as his collective playoff body of work goes?

not sure in niners history, but he has to be the best post season te of all time. his 1st playoff game vs the saints had more yardage than kellen winslow had in that epic game in miami in 1981.
He's basically a metrosexual. He's got his own art gallery and he thinks he's an artist so he must be very cultured and refined. He loves cosmopolitan cities, said he'd love to live in London if NFL team was ever put there for example, and lives in San Francisco which is very cosmopolitan so there you go.
Share 49ersWebzone