Love you Davis! But one word: DIVE!!!!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Just not into the wall.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Just not into the wall.

I love Vernon but he needs to learn how to catch with his hands and not his body! He would gain a lot more yards if he caught the ball in stride
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I love Vernon but he needs to learn how to catch with his hands and not his body! He would gain a lot more yards if he caught the ball in stride

I guess you didn't see the fingertip catch 52 yd Bomb for a TD... but if you discount his big plays, then yes!
has anybody seen anything on VD's eye injury? He looked bad last night and I'm sure it was just the injury bothering him but I have not seen one single update or even mention of it among the billion articles out on last nights game.
It looked more bilateral to his eyes. He was massaging them both. Likely dirt on the cornea.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
is it me or is he ''selling'' his bumps when he gets some type of contact?

And if he isn't , why the hell is he easily concussed?

During the Carolina game, he didn't look like he took a crazy bad hit, but he was doing the dizzy face and the new NFL doctors don't want to see that at all.

He's got a future as a wrestler when he retires .
Only 2 catches today, but one was a big one. Way to keep stepping up in the playoffs, Vernon.

Saw this stat on NFL Network. Most receiving TDs since 2009 (including playoffs):

1. Calvin Johnson - 52

2. Vernon Davis - 50

3. Gronkowski - 45

4. Jimmy Graham - 44

5 Fitzgerald - 43
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Only 2 catches today, but one was a big one. Way to keep stepping up in the playoffs, Vernon.

Saw this stat on NFL Network. Most receiving TDs since 2009 (including playoffs):

1. Calvin Johnson - 52

2. Vernon Davis - 50

3. Gronkowski - 45

4. Jimmy Graham - 44

5 Fitzgerald - 43

Wow. STUD.

1. Calvin Johnson - 52

2. Vernon Davis - 50

3. Gronkowski - 45

4. Jimmy Graham - 44

5 Fitzgerald - 43

Still under-rated outside of SF bay area.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran

1. Calvin Johnson - 52

2. Vernon Davis - 50

3. Gronkowski - 45

4. Jimmy Graham - 44

5 Fitzgerald - 43

Mofo does visit the end zone a GRIP.
Originally posted by kronik:
Still under-rated outside of SF bay area.

True. He doesn't get enough receptions to catch the casual fans attention. But his presence on the field alone completely manipulates the defense.
Originally posted by TyCore:

1. Calvin Johnson - 52

2. Vernon Davis - 50

3. Gronkowski - 45

4. Jimmy Graham - 44

5 Fitzgerald - 43

Mofo does visit the end zone a GRIP.

Translation for the non-homies on the WZ: The gentleman scores numerous amounts of touchdowns.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Eventhough he caught the TD....I thought he had a relatively poor game today.

He's not the type of receiver that makes it easy on the QB...you basically have to throw him wide open. If you don't...he probably won't catch it. He just doesn't fight for the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone