There are 273 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Great gif, but why isn't he wearing a cup?

Slows down your speed and manuverablity.
Originally posted by thl408:
He should have finger rolled (basketball term) the ball over the uprights in one motion as he hurdled Jenkins on the TD catch. That would have been awesome.

That would be hilarious... until the play gets reviewed and the touchdown gets called back for a touchback lol
Crazy to think what Vernon could do in a different offense. I hope the HOF takes into consideration his coaches and offensive style. His impact on the field and production should get him in if he continues to play at a high level.

I'll sneak this in here instead of another thread...
If Roman "leaves" next year, what do yall think about having Gary Kubiak back but this time as our OC?

I used to love what he did with his TEs, off the run game.... Owen Daniels used to be WIIIIIDE open over and over. Not that, that would happen all the time with Vernon...but it might open more rush lanes for our RBs.

can our Oline Zone block?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Crazy to think what Vernon could do in a different offense. I hope the HOF takes into consideration his coaches and offensive style. His impact on the field and production should get him in if he continues to play at a high level.

I'll sneak this in here instead of another thread...
If Roman "leaves" next year, what do yall think about having Gary Kubiak back but this time as our OC?

I used to love what he did with his TEs, off the run game.... Owen Daniels used to be WIIIIIDE open over and over. Not that, that would happen all the time with Vernon...but it might open more rush lanes for our RBs.

can our Oline Zone block?

bad fit imo.
and the texans have run the same plays his entire tenure there.
and it's crazy because he's entering his prime now, not slowing down so he'll only get more and more opportunities to climb the td ladder.

and unlike graham he's an actual tight end that run blocks and pass protects
Vernon would put up insane numbers on the Saints tbh
Originally posted by xela510:
Vernon would put up insane numbers on the Saints tbh

he would
seen gates has 86 career tds and i knew vd was at 51. so i looked it up, sharpe had 62, crazy to think vd is gonna pass him eventually considering the O's he has played in
is davis a hof? I think Tony G. set the bar AWFULLY HIGH.
Originally posted by crabman82:
seen gates has 86 career tds and i knew vd was at 51. so i looked it up, sharpe had 62, crazy to think vd is gonna pass him eventually considering the O's he has played in

Thats insane davis will pass shannon sharpe :)
Go davis
Goniners

Originally posted by frankie:

Go davis
Goniners

and sharp was pretty much a WR in denvers offense. VD is a rare talent for sure. we wasted him a little bit but the guy is still a beast
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Go davis
Goniners

and sharp was pretty much a WR in denvers offense. VD is a rare talent for sure. we wasted him a little bit but the guy is still a beast

Very true, davis first 4 seasons pretty much blocked as an extra lineman. With the occasional catch here n there. Worked on his craft and hands now he is the beast he is. With room to improve.

Sharp was lil to big for wr n lil to small for te but dude was beast. Arrogant as hell also lmao. Loved when he was calling plaxico plaxiglass ha ha idk why it always was hilarious to me ha ha
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Go davis
Goniners

Very true, davis first 4 seasons pretty much blocked as an extra lineman. With the occasional catch here n there. Worked on his craft and hands now he is the beast he is. With room to improve.

Sharp was lil to big for wr n lil to small for te but dude was beast. Arrogant as hell also lmao. Loved when he was calling plaxico plaxiglass ha ha idk why it always was hilarious to me ha ha
my favorite thing sharp did was act like he was calling the president because they were killing the patriots hahaha
Vernon has been a beast this season as usual & hope it continues into the playoffs too!
The good thing about Vernon is that he is one of those freaks of nature that can probably play until he's 40 or older if he wants to. He is like Terrell Owens who will be in his prime until he's like 36.
Share 49ersWebzone