LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hurdling is cool, but someone that big and athletic needs to learn how to run through defenders and break tackles. Hurdling opens you up to fumbling and injuries.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Hurdling is cool, but someone that big and athletic needs to learn how to run through defenders and break tackles. Hurdling opens you up to fumbling and injuries.

I agree about the injury angle, but I think there is as much chance to fumble if you look for heavy contact.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I agree about the injury angle, but I think there is as much chance to fumble if you look for heavy contact.

i think he fights TOO much. if the opportunity to run someone over is there then go ahead.

its the other plays that i don't care for. like the washington fumble, i respect the desire to get more yards but there's 3 people on you. go down live to fight another day.

unless is a scoring play or conversion play, get your yards 1 person on you keep running, 3 on you? go down. they're not going to do anything but try and hurt you
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Just ask Frank Gore.

anthony davis hurdled a rams defender first
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

anthony davis hurdled a rams defender first

Lol. That's true. He actually hurdled two.
Originally posted by fropwns:

Hahaha good one
V.D. stat of the week: Vernon Davis (5077) is 188 yards shy of Brent Jones (5195) in career rec. yards.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by trellblaze:
V.D. stat of the week: Vernon Davis (5077) is 188 yards shy of Brent Jones (5195) in career rec. yards.

With all due respect to Ted Kwalic and Brent Jones, Vernon Davis will be regarded as the best TE in 49er history after he's all done.

Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by trellblaze:

With all due respect to Ted Kwalic and Brent Jones, Vernon Davis will be regarded as the best TE in 49er history after he's all done.

He's 3rd in the league this year in TDs, 50 career, which is the most by a 49er TE already.

Graham is #1 with 14 TDs, Vernon has 11

Gronk is done IMHO, you don't come back from 3 wrist surgeries, back surgery, and ACL surgery, all within 1 year

The yardage will get blown away

He's already had Catch III
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by fropwns:

Hahaha good one

Great gif, but why isn't he wearing a cup?
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
He's 3rd in the league this year in TDs, 50 career, which is the most by a 49er TE already.

Gronk is done IMHO, you don't come back from 3 wrist surgeries, back surgery, and ACL surgery, all within 1 year

And New Orleans has 186 more pass attempts than us.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

And New Orleans has 186 more pass attempts than us.

That's why stats are over-rated.
Stats are for Losers. Gimmie Clutch wins anyday. I love VD. I wish they would use him more up the seam like in years passed instead of the very predictable corner route.
Share 49ersWebzone