There are 139 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
One thing thats been great about Vernon tho, is that in the playoffs he becomes that top 6 pick.

Talbert
Vernon has been one of the best TE's in the game the past few years, but his impact hasnt always been quantified. Its hard to get in for being a good blocker alone, and while hes easily one of the most dangerous receiving threats at his position today (and arguably ever) that hasnt always shown up on the stat sheet.

My question is, do you think hes on a HOF pace? Will he get in? What needs to be done? He should have better numbers now with a QB who will find him down the field more often. I think Vernon is a very special talent that doesnt come around very often, it would be sad not to see him immortalized.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
HOF talent... Not HOF numbers (so far).
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
his skillz have been under utilized by this team
I love the guy, but nah, not even close.
he has never broken 1000 yards receiving at this point in his career. HOF is a numbers game for the most part so probably not. the niners drafted the greatest physical talent ever at the TE spot and theyve been wasting him to be honest. i hope he and kaep can get it goin because VD cant be covered. in the playoffs the last two years hes been unstoppable
as one of the Hofers on this board, I say Davis will be a davis and not a hofer
If he was on the Saints, Packers, Patriots or any other team that throws a lot he would be. Hard for him to put up huge numbers in our offense. I'm hoping we start feeding him the ball more though now that teams have to account for Boldin and Crabtree.
He will have his jersey retired by the 49ers and get a red jacket but since he isn't Gonzalez, he won't don a gold jacket. I wonder if he could approach Shannon Sharpe numbers?
If he keeps playing at the rate he has there's a very good chance of his being in the HoF. He has been pretty healthy and with an off season to work together he and CK may be dynamic this year and going forward. I would call him a great player rather than a great TE though. Goes beyond a TE.

He doesn't have the numbers to get in. He's not even the best TE in the league.
Hes has been a monster in the postseason, which really helps a players case. Hes still young so I think its possible. He has around 4300 yards, I think if he goes over 10,000 with more big playoff performances and a ring or two, it will happen. With Kaepernick throwing to him, I dont think that is out of reach.
No chance.
If we win 2-3 super bowls and he is MVP of one he just might.
Originally posted by Dave1:
I think if he goes over 10,000 with more big playoff performances and a ring or two, it will happen. With Kaepernick throwing to him, I dont think that is out of reach.

He's 29 years old and has been in the league for 8 years. He'd need to keep up the same pace until he is 38 to get to 10K. His involvement in the offense also went down dramatically after Kaep took over.
Share 49ersWebzone