There are 180 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Better QB, better offense, better all around weapons.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
and jones had a better QB throwing at him.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
BJ>VD

TJ + BJ = VD
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
TJ + BJ = VD

THESE b***hES LOVE SOSA
wow didn't think V.Davis would be close to tha great B.Jones tripy
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
BJ>VD

I have to disagree. I mean he was a 9er and got some superbowls but you can't with a straight face tell me VD wouldn't have smoked on THAT 9er team. I know they are different eras and I don't like to compare them but physically there really is no comparison VD has it won. Not to mention Davis did more with...well you know who his QB was.
Really love Vernon of course, but he was taken #6 overall. He of course hasn't been a bust, but at that spot he should have been the best TE in the league every year, not just now catching up with Brent Jones.
dbl.
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Mar 20, 2013 at 7:04 AM ]
Jones was clutch, Davis is very good but still looks more athlete than football player to me, just a little awkward.
I loved Brent jones, he was awesome a Niner all pro. But let's get real here. Their is absolutely no comparison who the better TE is. Vernon Davis by a long shot. He is the most talented TE to ever done a football uniform in history period. He's capable of having a 2000 yard receiving season and 20 TD's. All he has ever lacked is a great qb and pass first offense
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
I loved Brent jones, he was awesome a Niner all pro. But let's get real here. Their is absolutely no comparison who the better TE is. Vernon Davis by a long shot. He is the most talented TE to ever done a football uniform in history period. He's capable of having a 2000 yard receiving season and 20 TD's. All he has ever lacked is a great qb and pass first offense

Totally agree! Davis on raw talent alone is better then Jones. But Jones did benefit from Rice and Montana in a Walsh system. Early in his career VD was the featured offensive weapon. Our WRs were average and defences double covered him. I think a full year with Kaepernick under centre working with VD will produce great numbers this year. And VD will benefit from the addition of Boldin!

Vernon has been under used pretty much his whole career in San Fran. For some reason we seem to key on him in playoffs, then the next year go away from him. He should be targeted 10x per game, Crabtree 8 ish then spread rest of the 8 or so balls around to the rest of the guys. thats 26 pass attempts a game. I think thats a good number for our team. 26 pass attempts and 30+ rush attempts (assuming game is close ore were leading).
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Brent Jones ran like a duck. Damn good TE though

Tony Gonzalez says hi.
Originally posted by Beeker:

Tony Gonzalez says hi.

Vernon is more gifted!!!
Tony will tell you that. TG gets the ball thrown to him 150times a season. Vernon what maybe 80? And that's a maybe!! Vernon is stronger, faster, quicker, better blocker, better deep threat plus etc than Tony Gonzales. Gonzales is the most prolific TE ever but Vernon is more gifted. And no TE in NFL history comes through in the big games than VD
Originally posted by Beeker:

Tony Gonzalez says hi.

Vernon is more gifted!!!
Tony will tell you that. TG gets the ball thrown to him 150times a season. Vernon what maybe 80? And that's a maybe!! Vernon is stronger, faster, quicker, better blocker, better deep threat plus etc than Tony Gonzales. Gonzales is the most prolific TE ever but Vernon is more gifted. And no TE in NFL history comes through in the big games than VD

Don't get me wrong, I am as big a fan of Vernon as anyone. He DOES have the potential to be the GOAT. As it stand now, T-Gon has that title. Vernon will have an awesome year this year, and most likely become the 49ers GOAT TE. He most certainly will before it's all said and done.
Share 49ersWebzone