There are 189 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
AS much as we think he's a coward, he has more rings than anyone on the niners....

Ok

yup. Good talk.

Lol
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson
Impending free agent TE Vernon Davis told me he would still like to play another "4-5 years" if possible. #Broncos

On Madden?

Lol, or play bench

With the right team i think he's capable. Can be a midteir TE1 or high end TE2

He's a free agent still, the right team hasn't picked him up yet

Broncos is a great two tight end system and Davis still couldn't get any love

True, but I put part of that blame on peyton

Didn't Davis have two game losing drops with osweiler ? The raiders lost I know for sure

After those games is where Davis started seening more of the bench. Davis is just not good with play books and route running

Ya we was never the best route runner, he relied on his athleticism, getting tooo old for that now. But i feel like he might have a little something left.
Vernon was best for the power o scheme was a good blocker and could stretch the middle. Now that he's getting older and losing speed he'd only be a blocker.
AS much as we think he's a coward, he has more rings than anyone on the niners....

Except Torrey Smith.
  • MikeD
  • Veteran

He contributed as much to that super bowl win as the niners too

Lord knows he contributed so much to help the Broncos win. Couldn't have done it without him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lord knows he contributed so much to help the Broncos win. Couldn't have done it without him.

Lol he still has a super bowl ring. None of our loser team has one except torrey smith, who beat us in the super bowl....
Originally posted by Since07:
Vernon was best for the power o scheme was a good blocker and could stretch the middle. Now that he's getting older and losing speed he'd only be a blocker.

Vernon still has his speed... But his awareness and toughness is what has been questioned.

I thought it had more to do with nagging injuries last year and this year...but I don't know anymore. If he still wants to play he needs to prove it.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
The Skins have agreed to terms with free agent TE Vernon Davis. The DC native is returning home
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The high majority disdain for Vernon Davis here makes no sense, he was a 2x Pro Bowler and a weapon like no other in his prime, it is pretty obvious father time and injuries he took rendered him old before his time. At the same time we have a QB here whose productivity has went down the drain, who never reached Vernon's heights who is still well thought of by half the Webzone. I don't understand what Vernon did to draw the ire of so many.

Originally posted by BobS:
The high majority disdain for Vernon Davis here makes no sense, he was a 2x Pro Bowler and a weapon like no other in his prime, it is pretty obvious father time and injuries he took rendered him old before his time. At the same time we have a QB here whose productivity has went down the drain, who never reached Vernon's heights who is still well thought of by half the Webzone. I don't understand what Vernon did to draw the ire of so many.
lol, the player you should also be ripping is VD...this post confirms your shenanigans
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
lol, the player you should also be ripping is VD...this post confirms your shenanigans
You need to take a reading comprehension course, that or stop purposely trying to twist what I type. The point is how Vernon gets next to no respect in the Webzone, while someone who has accomplished less and also declined, is still held in high regard. Vernon was considered top 5 at his position (That makes him elite) for many years yet he is stomped on here by a high majority. There has to be a reason, but no one will explain.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
honestly...I hate our offense...We have all these playmakers and we're like a conservative highschool running team...

Harbaugh should take a page outa bellicheks offense.. NE is so much fun to watch. That f**king guy is a genius well plus te fact Chip Kelly and him are friends lol
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lol he still has a super bowl ring. None of our loser team has one except torrey smith, who beat us in the super bowl....

Jordan Devey has a Super Bowl ring.

Lots of scrubs have SB rings, so what?
Share 49ersWebzone