Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
If Peyton gets to wear one...

Ouch but soooo true.

Why shouldn't he wear one? Russell Wilson has a Super Bowl ring. He has Beastmode in the backfield and one of the best Defenses ever assembled. Russell Wilson has ZERO Championships without all that help. Believe that.

That's always the way it is. You benefit from the OVERALL team you are on. That's always the way it is throughout all history.

What a surprise a QB or a TE for that matter benefits from being on a great team. Why should that surprise anybody? That's what it is for all 50 Super Bowls. Great teams win.

Soooo, our opinions are in alignment??? Right?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson
Impending free agent TE Vernon Davis told me he would still like to play another "4-5 years" if possible. #Broncos
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
At least our dude vd gotta ring.

Not my dude. Maybe yours.

dafuq he the greatest niner TE of all time.

Better than Brent Jones?

f**k no.

Check the stats. Jones just lucky he played with HOF qbs.

The flip side is David has played in an era FAR more conducive to passing stats than Jones did. Yeah Davis faster and more athletic, scored 20-something more TDs and had marginally more rec/yds, but the guy also dogged it at times out on the field, would jump to chest-catch instead of using his hands, many times would just give up on a pass, and was one of the guys who basically quit during the 2014 season. Those latter things you could never say about Brent Jones, who besides his heart and desire was a great TE. This is a case where stats just don't tell the story...I don't know how anyone who watched both these guys play could say Davis was better.

This. I remember watching a game where Brent Jones was on the field with an already bad back. He caught a pass and was nailed hard and landed on his back and i thought he was done. Nope. Held onto the ball, got up and was ready for the next play.
Originally posted by Trath44:
It's ok Vernon, if FA doesn't work out for you, you always have Jamba Juice to fall back on

Yeah, his other no-show job he'll make money on.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Impending free agent TE Vernon Davis told me he would still like to play another "4-5 years" if possible. #Broncos

LOL, that'd be a neat trick.
Originally posted by mayo49:

He means he would like to loaf around on the sidelines and get paid for nothing for 4-5 more years.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by mayo49:

He means he would like to loaf around on the sidelines and get paid for nothing for 4-5 more years.

Hell, he could stand on the sidelines for 10 years

He got paid the past 2 seasons for doing basically nothing, might as well let it ride.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He got paid the past 2 seasons for doing basically nothing, might as well let it ride.

This
Originally posted by CenCal9er:

Poor guy lol. I feel like its the one trophy he cant really show off. Its like watching your team from the bench and then showing off your medal afterwards...
Originally posted by CenCal9er:

Best rat snitch in the league.
Going to be funny, when vernon and kaep get reunited.
Originally posted by WashSt9er:
Going to be funny, when vernon and kaep get reunited.

That would be hilarious.
Share 49ersWebzone