LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 138 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
He is afraid to the play the game now. It started with the Chancellor hit. He still played well vs other teams in 2013, but played scared vs Seattle. Now he plays every game like it's Seattle and Chancellor out there. He can still do the blocking thing, but open field full speed running? He's terrified and I'm not exaggerating.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I'm not saying he is out there playing like a pro-bowler, or making amazing catches.
I simply gave him credit for good blocks, and hoped that he wound up getting a SB.
Somehow that post of mine ended up being translated into me thinking he is a superstar that deserves more time and that we should have paid this man lol.

C'mon webzone

Nothing wrong with that at all...I just thought it was a bit ironic as the WZ completely dismisses "blocking" in this Madden era. Glad to see you are recognizing it!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I lost respect for VD when it became overwhelmingly obvious he gave up on the team. So no, I'm not rooting for him. And statistically speaking this year he is one of the worst starting TE's in the league, blocking or no blocking.

Frank Gore went to a different team, but I'll still cheer like hell for the Tank, because he never once gave up. That's a real man.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm not saying he is out there playing like a pro-bowler, or making amazing catches.
I simply gave him credit for good blocks, and hoped that he wound up getting a SB.
Somehow that post of mine ended up being translated into me thinking he is a superstar that deserves more time and that we should have paid this man lol.

C'mon webzone

Nothing wrong with that at all...I just thought it was a bit ironic as the WZ completely dismisses "blocking" in this Madden era. Glad to see you are recognizing it!

I thonk Davis has always had a reputation as a sellar blocker but unlike Vancr he also led the team in receiving yards multiple times and even led the NFL in reveiving TDs.
It is normal responsibility for a TE, but that wasn't the defined parameter in the argument.
That argument you missed was that "anybody" could have done it.

Originally posted by Eli_23:
Yup he is da suxxorz! And I'm glad he is being exposed as the fraud that he is. Pink shirt wearing, Jamba Juice sippin, beef jerky suckin, painting himself with fingerprint while naked lil b***h!

Show some respect for a Niner great. Dude was on our team giving it his all since the Singletary days.

Ah......no...... he was collecting a fat paycheck and doing not much at all for the past few years. Glad his salary is off our books.....our current tight ends look better than he has lately.
Originally posted by Janitor:
I lost respect for VD when it became overwhelmingly obvious he gave up on the team. So no, I'm not rooting for him. And statistically speaking this year he is one of the worst starting TE's in the league, blocking or no blocking.

Frank Gore went to a different team, but I'll still cheer like hell for the Tank, because he never once gave up. That's a real man.

It's also a good bet that Vernon Davis was the player talking to media about what was going on in the locker room. He has a big mouth and loves to use it.
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
It is normal responsibility for a TE, but that wasn't the defined parameter in the argument.
That argument you missed was that "anybody" could have done it.

Originally posted by Eli_23:
Yup he is da suxxorz! And I'm glad he is being exposed as the fraud that he is. Pink shirt wearing, Jamba Juice sippin, beef jerky suckin, painting himself with fingerprint while naked lil b***h!

Show some respect for a Niner great. Dude was on our team giving it his all since the Singletary days.

Ah......no...... he was collecting a fat paycheck and doing not much at all for the past few years. Glad his salary is off our books.....our current tight ends look better than he has lately.

Why do you care how much money he makes?
He was pretty damn good in 2013 and has more yards than any 49er TE.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

I think when people complain about how much players on their favorite team make it comes from the fact that the team only has so much to spend, and that money could have been used for other players/talent.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I think when people complain about how much players on their favorite team make it comes from the fact that the team only has so much to spend, and that money could have been used for other players/talent.
and when that player gets the big pay day, that player starts to have a shelf life
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 1, 2015 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I see your point but the team has plenty to spend and they clearly haven't spent much on talent!

Originally posted by Ottawa49er:

Cap Space isn't much of an issue right now. Not sure if you are aware but surprise retirements help that.

They look better because they have someone who can actually throw them a ball. I'm not saying VD is better than those guys, but VD with Gabbert would look better than VD with Kap.

Also, VD earned that paycheck.
Leak gone.

So is his love for the game.

Got paid, gave it a shot, suspect attitude, done.
I want winners... in the 2016 draft.

Just like kap, got paid laid and with more steroid testing (lookin at you , Antonio Gates), lost that eye of the tiger.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Leak gone.

Just like kap, got paid laid and with more steroid testing (lookin at you , Antonio Gates), lost that eye of the tiger.

What new testing?

I am pretty sure the leaks are still happening.
Leak gone.

Yeah that makes sense. Dude acts more like a hen every year.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Leak gone.

Yeah that makes sense. Dude acts more like a hen every year.

More like a Goose.
Share 49ersWebzone