There are 208 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
just watch his speed against the Giants in the NFCCG. he outran their secondary. But yes hes a little slower because he added a ton of mass. He's a freakishly big dude.

Mods. Lock thread.
Krizay's alias?.....
  • 8to80
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
This thread is the most unutile I have ever read!!! Vernon is as explosive as ever. He leads the NFL in TD receptions this year! This thread is screaming Lock! Lock! Lock!

"unutile"? WTF? Do you mean "inutile", LMAO!

Yes, your logic matches your extensive vocabulary. 3TDs in two games = dominating speed. Does that mean dante rosario is faster than Davis cuz he got 3TDs in one game? According to your logic, yes.

Originally posted by denali22:
just watch his speed against the Giants in the NFCCG. he outran their secondary. But yes hes a little slower because he added a ton of mass. He's a freakishly big dude.

That explains it. Dude still is a beast, but I knew he wasn't 4.38 40 fast anymore. You can totally tell by watching him play (ahem....sandiego49er).

Some of these niner fans are ridiculous. Reminds me of why I rarely post. It's like talking to little kids.
He's every bit as fast. And he's the same mass as when he came out. He went 73 yards over the top in the NFC Championship. Beating smaller DB's on speed. How many TE's do you see doing that? I can tell you. NONE. Just Vernon Davis.
  • 8to80
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Mods. Lock thread.

^^
Originally posted by 8to80:
Some of these niner fans are ridiculous. Reminds me of why I rarely post. It's like talking to little kids.
Sometimes, posters here defy understanding. Like 6 year old boys. We won, Vernon got two touchdown, things are good. If you want to discuss stuff like this, great. It is what this place is here for.

But it is pathetic and rather shameful that you can't do it without personal attacks.

I'm locking the thread. Warnings may result as well. Grow up, some of you.
We are a much more explosive team when Davis is contributing, granted he is doing a valiant Job of blocking.

But we didnt draft him to be a blocking TE ...yes , teams are doubling down on him , YES teams are making him the primary focus of their defensive gameplan , but why hasnt our coaching staff come up with some schemes to get him the ball , and if so much focus is on Davis , why havent any of the other receiving options benefited from the extra attention paid to #85???

I know we grinded out a win against Seattle , but Davis not having any passes thrown his way is inexcusable

measures need to be taken to get him the ball

- put him in the backfield and throw some screen passes to him

- use him as a slot receiver

- Let him run the Fly Sweep ...I DONT CARE ....GET HIME THE BALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not bashing our team in anyway , but when one of our top 3 weapons goes an entire game without a catch ...then the QB and coaching staff need to fix this and fast !!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I agree

His talent is being wasted by a QB who cant get him the ball.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
I agree

Other than these last 2 games ALex has always found Vernon.

This thread will not last long
Originally posted by Allx9er:
This thread will not last long

Neither will our passing attack if our top weapons are being ignored
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I agree

This is true.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I agree

This is true.

well 2 games is enough , pretty soon it will be 3 games , 4 games ..THEN fans will realize our passing attack has not made any real improvements
I agree

Share 49ersWebzone