LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I seriously doubt Vernon plays next week and that is a huge loss for us. I don't care how you slice it.

and to top it all off, he got hurt after one of ck's interceptions.. quite the double negative
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by 9moon:
as i have mentioned on another post, Vernon's days is coming to an end.. and that's because of Derek Carrier... Trade vernon while he's still got somve value..

Dude how high are you exactly? VD is one of the greatest TE's EVER, one of the top 3 in the NFL right now, maybe the #1 overall when you consider blocking. Carrier on the other hand had his first 3 receptions OF HIS CAREER last night. He's slotted as our #3 TE right now, this statement is ridiculous.

VD attracts double-teams, that in itself is priceless. How do you trade a guy who gives you the ONLY vertical threat? Thats just crazy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
I'm just glad it wasn't a knee injury.

what did they decide,, just a sprain?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
as i have mentioned on another post, Vernon's days is coming to an end.. and that's because of Derek Carrier... Trade vernon while he's still got somve value..

• 9moon
  • Veteran
one of the best TE ever???

EVER??? uhmmm, you talkin about Vernon Davis??? Best Ever??

you may just be higher than high, buddy!!??
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by matt49er:

Dude how high are you exactly? VD is one of the greatest TE's EVER, one of the top 3 in the NFL right now, maybe the #1 overall when you consider blocking. Carrier on the other hand had his first 3 receptions OF HIS CAREER last night. He's slotted as our #3 TE right now, this statement is ridiculous.

VD attracts double-teams, that in itself is priceless. How do you trade a guy who gives you the ONLY vertical threat? Thats just crazy.
just stop wasting your time and energy on this type of knee jerk nonsense.. you guys ought to know after a loss, some people want to do a f**king fire sale and can everyone. of course you can make a argument for coaches like roman but this stuff about vernon and gore not having it anymore is just f**king romper room blather
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
one of the best TE ever???

EVER??? uhmmm, you talkin about Vernon Davis??? Best Ever??

you may just be higher than high, buddy!!??

when you set there with a straight face and tell us to get rid of a guy like vernon davis for a guy who has a small enough body of work to fit into a thimble because you have a "hunch" he can do what vernon does,,,,,,,, do not roll out the shock and awe when people flame you for it
Vernon has or is just behind Calvin for most TD's over the last 3 years (playoffs included). Right? Why the hell people think he's replaceable? Or injured all the time? Ridiculous.
Vernon undergoing MRI .. please god don't let it be anything serious.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Vernon undergoing MRI .. please god don't let it be anything serious.

It will be something bad...NOTHING that happened last night was good
Originally posted by Allx9er:

I'm thankful for the overreacting fans. They are giving me a lot to laugh about.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
A superhero movie featuring NFL superstar Vernon Davis in the title role is a FINALIST for HBO's "Project Greenlight" show ... TMZ Sports has learned.

As we previously reported, the San Francisco 49ers star played Captain Torpedo in a recently produced short film by French Mustache ... a comedy production company.

In the 2 minute and 4 second flick, Captain Torpedo finds himself in a tough situation ... being held captive by a deranged military guy with an inconsistent accent.

SPOILER ALERT: The Capt. takes a slug to the dome.

Turns out, the head producer behind the flick decided to enter the movie into the HBO competition -- famously started by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon -- and the movie made it all the way to the final 20.

FYI -- the previous round contained 200 movies!

If "Captain Torpedo" wins (based on voting on the official website with ends on 9/26), the filmmaker will get the chance to direct a real-life feature film.

It's huge for Davis -- considering the producers LOOOVE him and believe he can be a major Hollywood star one day. In fact, one of the producers tells us, "This is not the last we will see of Vernon Davis."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/17/vernon-davis-hbo-movie-captain-torpedo-project-greenlight/#ixzz3DrtiW8X8
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Trade Vernon ?! Are you on drugs ?! Put down the pipe, son !!

Vernon had 13 out of a total of 21 passing TDs we had last year and for the 2014 season so far he's had 2 TDs out of of a total of 3 passing TDs, if you say trade Vernon now, we might as well pack up right now !! Just put up a fxxking sign outside of the facility and say "Rebuilding Mode In Progress. No Super Bowl for the next 3 years (at least) !!".

And for what ? Derek Carrier ?! Who is he ? The kid had 3 receptions out of 4 targets for 41 yards in 2 games, so this is the dude you think should replace Vernon ?! You make him sound like some sort of a Pro Bowl TE. LOL. You got to be out of your mind !! LOL.
[ Edited by Rascal on Sep 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone