LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 187 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
we draft receivers who are fast, strong and can jump then dont put them in any jump ball situations or try to give them a shot at the ball because theres someone close to them. these team needs to have more balls on offense.
because vernon can only have big games against NFC north opponents this season
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Doesn't matter what's going on Vernon Davis is an all pro and needs to get the ball.

Yes please! I miss VD
Coaching, again and again.
You have to get your play makers the ball. If you can't, you have no business in this league.
It's really that simple.
As for LMJ, absolutely no reason we waited until week 13 to get him involved. He doesn't need to learn blitz pickups, hand him the damn ball and get out of the way.

Our coaches are so over rated
[ Edited by SealTeam6 on Dec 9, 2012 at 10:40 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Doesn't matter what's going on Vernon Davis is an all pro and needs to get the ball.

Maybe if they start to double crab he will be open
Originally posted by toeshawn:

Maybe if they start to double crab he will be open

If the Goat didn't get a pass his way, it was an Offensive fail; same applies for VD
Who cares enjoy the success ! We have so many weapons its ridiculous. He'll be there when we need him and thats all that matters.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Who cares enjoy the success ! We have so many weapons its ridiculous. He'll be there when we need him and thats all that matters.

Use it or lose it.
I don't want to see Ginn or Walker, or Moss dropping balls, I want my starters to make plays. We didn't win this game til the 4th qtr, we need to get this right before the playoffs come around. Things aren't going to get easier.

Yeah its a good thing the offense has been lighting up opponents like crazy, thereby not requiring any contribution from VD. Love the way they blew out the Rams last week especially.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
we draft receivers who are fast, strong and can jump then dont put them in any jump ball situations or try to give them a shot at the ball because theres someone close to them. these team needs to have more balls on offense.

That would be very interesting to see. We thought it was an Alex Smith thing but kap doesn't give them those opportunities either but I don't think we really have the tall and strong type of receivers to do this. Regardless this team is designed to be a power running team with short and intermediate passes ala the Packers game earlier this year.

Originally posted by SealTeam6:

Use it or lose it.
I don't want to see Ginn or Walker, or Moss dropping balls, I want my starters to make plays. We didn't win this game til the 4th qtr, we need to get this right before the playoffs come around. Things aren't going to get easier.
1st off hes our tight end. As a championship team you don't need to lean on your TE. When you have Crabs making the plays he always could and all these weapons rolling on all cylinders,its unnecessary to be looking for your TE to make a play primarily.He will make the big play when we need him. We had this game in the bag. Establishing such a potent run game opens up the passing lanes for everyone and when the receiver who has the best hands keeps getting open your gonna get it to him. Love VD but he will get his time. Alex was primarily looking for VD when he was starting because of their chemistry. Kaep has chemistry with everyone. Enjoy the good play. If its not one thing its another.
1st off hes our tight end. As a championship team you don't need to lean on your TE. When you have Crabs making the plays he always could and all these weapons rolling on all cylinders,its unnecessary to be looking for your TE to make a play primarily.He will make the big play when we need him. We had this game in the bag. Establishing such a potent run game opens up the passing lanes for everyone and when the receiver who has the best hands keeps getting open your gonna get it to him. Love VD but he will get his time. Alex was primarily looking for VD when he was starting because of their chemistry. Kaep has chemistry with everyone. Enjoy the good play. If its not one thing its another.

This is literally one of the silliest comments I've ever seen on here. When you have an explosive offensive weapon, regardless of position, you lean on them and use them as much as possible......period.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This is literally one of the silliest comments I've ever seen on here. When you have an explosive offensive weapon, regardless of position, you lean on them and use them as much as possible......period.
And Crabs and Gore aren't explosive weapons? Don't get peronal bro. We can all have opinions. If you can't respect it delete ur account.
And Crabs and Gore aren't explosive weapons? Don't get peronal bro. We can all have opinions. If you can't respect it delete ur account.

So by your logic, the Saints shouldn't lean on Jimmy Graham because they've got Marques Colston, the Patriots shouldn't lean on Rob Gronkowski because they've got Wes Welker, the Cowboys shouldn't lean on Jason Witten because they've got Dez Bryant and Miles Austin and the Chargers should never have leaned on Antonio Gates because they had Vincent Jackson and LT.

Last year when the 49ers needed points and yards in the playoffs, who did they end up leaning on the most?

The 1970's just called, they want their football back.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM ]
You better believe we need VD with not much production from the #2, 3 and 4 WRs. Williams and Hunter out for the season, Manningham out for now... Walker is doing ok but he isn't reliable. We can't expect Crabtree and Gore to carry us every week. James will help out some but still need more from other guys. I'd like to see Walker stop dropping balls, more plays called just to get the ball in VD's hand even if it's for a few yards to get him in the game, more deep balls to Moss, more
slants and quick throws... get the ball in Manningham, James and Crabtree's hands in the open field, get Jenkins on the field and Ginn off (at wr for sure) and maybe a few more plays to get miller the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone