LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
From Maiocco (via Rotoworld) - see the below bolded part. Has anyone heard or read anything related to this recently (the importance of football to Vernon now)?

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco wrote in a fan chat that "there are indications" Vernon Davis' holdout "is going to continue."
Davis' actions have been consistently inconsistent since the holdout began, promising one thing and doing the other. Maiocco goes so far as to write, "I'm not sure how important the game is to him at this stage of his life." Please keep in mind Maiocco was writing in a chat, but he is a plugged-in reporter with takes worth noting. It sounds like there may more to this story than we know.

That artistic termperment no doubt! Hope this is incorrect but Maiocco is a pretty good source.

What he said definitely has some meaning behind it but he did say he's not sure how important it is. He didn't say that the game isn't important to him and that opinion is really just the same as any of ours might be. If he shows up in the next couple weeks I won't be worried. I don't recall him missing any time (other than injuries) up to this point.

Agree! Just getting antsy waiting for the vets to get to camp!
vernon probably sick of not getting the ball at the end of the superbowl and at the end of the seattle game..........

he'll show up, and hopefully they feed him the ball in the biggest moments because this guy has proven to be GREAT in the biggest moments
Originally posted by iLL49er:
vernon probably sick of not getting the ball at the end of the superbowl and at the end of the seattle game..........

he'll show up, and hopefully they feed him the ball in the biggest moments because this guy has proven to be GREAT in the biggest moments
We should have designed something for him. I agree. That said VD needs to get his butt in camp soon. It just sank in as someone said here...VD has already signed TWO record TE deals in his career. Business is business but he has been paid at top of scale since day 1
Originally posted by iLL49er:

Totally agree with this! He's not Kaepernick's go to guy and that seems to affect his play, no matter who's to blame. CK and Crabtree are really in sync, but if all the receivers are incorporated more it is good for each. Playcalling? QB decisions? Does VD's attention wander when he is left out? Not sure what the issue is but Roman has stated that the niners will pass more this year which should help all the receivers stay tuned up.
On espn they were saying he is #8 on the list of highest paid TE and WR in the league.

His holdout threat is a joke.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Still no VD sighting
wow, you could not wait could you? do you expect him to show up with the rookies? i guess we have to start building our lather towards the 23rd. i swear some act like they want him to be a hold out

I for one appreciate him reporting that as I am going to be curios as well.
Thanks 49allthetime
you guys could at least wait till next week when the vets show up before you starting foaming at the mouth

Why wait when we can hang him today?!

In all fairness, we should wait until next week to hound on him or to put his balls in our mouth. Whichever side you might be on.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Still no VD sighting
wow, you could not wait could you? do you expect him to show up with the rookies? i guess we have to start building our lather towards the 23rd. i swear some act like they want him to be a hold out

You said he will be there when training camp starts, now you want to push it back out

You said don't worry it's just OTAs , he will be at mini camp
Then you said don't worry it's just mini camp, he will be there for training camp
Now you say don't worry it's just rookies and who ever wants to show up, he will be there next week

See the pattern...
and when he shows up, what will you do? wait till he drops a pass and then blame it on not being at mini camp? one thing always leads to another around here for some i am not pushing it back out,,,,,,, it is what it is. vets do not report till next week.
Still no VD sighting

You said he will be there when training camp starts, now you want to push it back out

You said don't worry it's just OTAs , he will be at mini camp
Then you said don't worry it's just mini camp, he will be there for training camp
Now you say don't worry it's just rookies and who ever wants to show up, he will be there next week

See the pattern...
and when he shows up, what will you do? wait till he drops a pass and then blame it on not being at mini camp? one thing always leads to another around here for some i am not pushing it back out,,,,,,, it is what it is. vets do not report till next week.
why will i blame it on Camp ?

not worried about him on the field except for route running and hot routes..but he never attempted to get better at that.

I'm more worried about his big head and holding out and VD making you like a liar
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM ]
lol @ arguing over semantics about when training camp starts. anyone who is of the opinion that he wont miss camp and will be there were talking about reporting on the day the rest of the vets do, not with the rookies.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
On espn they were saying he is #8 on the list of highest paid TE and WR in the league.

His holdout threat is a joke.
This.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Jul 17, 2014 at 1:22 PM ]
Boom! Looks like he is reporting to camp

http://instagram.com/p/qzI78WkCTs/
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yep. You knew he would just as Boone will at some point
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Yep. You knew he would just as Boone will at some point

Yeah, I'm not so sure with Boone.......next man up!
Yeah, I'm not so sure with Boone.......next man up!

I give Boone no more than 2 weeks and he will show by the dress rehearsal game. Costs too much dough for him to sit out no matter who his hardliner agents are. Baalke won't blink so it is up to Boone
Share 49ersWebzone