Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Vernon victim of Ponzi scheme

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brokerage-ordered-to-pay-investing-nfl--nba-players--13-7m---key-figures-in-alleged-ponzi-scheme-met-at--wolf-of-wall-street--firm-061322809-nfl.html

so is this the stock s**t that vernon is talking about? his "brand"?

lol maybe. Schemers were a couple brown dudes.

NEVER trust a brown person with your finances unless his name is Paraag. #jk #notsrs

Stocks are very risky. Anybody investing in Vernon's brand should do it for non - monetary reasons. First of all we don't even know if it's legal to do this kind of investment, and secondly i think the history of success is almost zero and the actual investors, I think, most - if not all of them - have lost or didn't make any money investing in these weird financial instruments.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
This is the problem ... the contract was front loaded, so he is not seeing 7 mill this year.

He's seeing 7 mil this year.

The link below shows the cash flow from Vernon's deal. Per this he's actually seeing $5.275 million . . . minus the $200K bonus he waived, but we paid him a $10 million signing bonus up front in 2011.

http://overthecap.com/player-cash.php?Name=Vernon%20Davis%20&Position=TE&Team=49ers

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/vernon-davis/

Tough $hit Vernon . . . you got paid.
Get back to work you p***y. Holiday is over
him thinking he's an artist shows us how delusional he really is
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The Jimmy Graham decision is out. Burbank has ruled he's a tight end. The Saints have won

The #Saints can now franchise tag Jimmy Graham as a tight end at $7.053M. A savings of $5M vs a WR tag

Thank goodness. If the arbitrator ruled him a WR it would have f**ked the entire system. There were at least 15 TEs last year that played the majority of their snaps in the slot. They all would have wanted WR money.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
for those who think i am over reacting when i say i will hate the day vernon drops a pass or has a bad day the above posts
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
did not mean sofa! he was to fast
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The Jimmy Graham decision is out. Burbank has ruled he's a tight end. The Saints have won

The #Saints can now franchise tag Jimmy Graham as a tight end at $7.053M. A savings of $5M vs a WR tag

Thank goodness. If the arbitrator ruled him a WR it would have f**ked the entire system. There were at least 15 TEs last year that played the majority of their snaps in the slot. They all would have wanted WR money.

Thank god. Now VD can settle down and come to training camp. I'm sure the next CBA the NFLPA will be pushing for a hybrid position for the players. By then, there might not exist a tight end position anymore - the way the NFL is so pass happy.
That is amazing. Considering he lined up some 3/4 of the time as a WR....anyway, now we can get on with our own football, and let this kind of thing slide into the past. I was sure they were going to give it to him. Glad they didn't.

And Vernon had the right attitude...he has already said he's ready to return and play.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Jul 2, 2014 at 4:30 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
That is amazing. Considering he lined up some 3/4 of the time as a WR....anyway, now we can get on with our own football, and let this kind of thing slide into the past. I was sure they were going to give it to him. Glad they didn't.

And Vernon had the right attitude...he has already said he's ready to return and play.

Link

VD will be at camp. Just my prediction.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Not really a bold prediction when he supposed to be there
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

the season will start in Sept.......just my prediction....
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Good thing ours was not one of those 15 either way.
They were showing the franchise numbers for all the offense position on espn today and the as has been stated the TE number was at 7 mil or so and the hb number was at a little over 9 mil. I think in the next couple of years you are gonna see those numbers flip as the running back get delegated to a more committee type position.
Share 49ersWebzone