LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
All I know is Jimmy ain't in NOLA and the Saints have been waiting on him. Once they get the agreement in place he will be there. Its just a matter of time just like with us and VD. Difference is VD has a contract already signed. He has been paid like an All Pro TE his ENTIRE career!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
So what makes a team have rights to a player that doesn't play that is not under contract

Also here is the definition again....when a does not reach agreement until their needs are met is a hold out..

Hate to break it to ya, but graham is not agreeing to the TE franchise tag pay

I have read the contract. I searched the contract for those words and various combinations of those words.

I could not find the underlined wording in the contract.

Can you provide me with the section of contract with those words?

I have never said that Graham would or would not agree to the TE franchise tag pay.

But, you have indicated that Graham is a hold now.

Is that still your claim?
[ Edited by buck on Jun 23, 2014 at 9:25 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
So what makes a team have rights to a player that doesn't play that is not under contract

Also here is the definition again....when a does not reach agreement until their needs are met is a hold out..

Hate to break it to ya, but graham is not agreeing to the TE franchise tag pay

I have read the contract. I searched the contract for those words and various combinations of those words.

I could not find the underlined wording in the contract.

Can you provide me with the section of contract with those words?

I have never said that Graham would or would not agree to the TE franchise tag pay.

But, you have indicated that Graham is a hold now.

Is that still your claim?

The contract is not a dictionary so that's where you are getting mixed up...you should never go to a contract for definitions

But there is a contract with the cba and nfl and is why teams get to have the rights for a year for a draft pick and if a player gets tagged.

And if you can prove that graham signed the franchise tag tender then he is not holding out. But you can't because he is going through arbitration and holding out to see if can get more money
  • buck
  • Veteran
The contract is not a dictionary so that's where you are getting mixed up...you should never go to a contract for definitions

But there is a contract with the cba and nfl and is why teams get to have the rights for a year for a draft pick and if a player gets tagged.

And if you can prove that graham signed the franchise tag tender then he is not holding out. But you can't because he is going through arbitration and holding out to see if can get more money

What dictionary are you using to talk about contract terms?

Holding out is defined in the contract, and that definition, not some definition from the dictionary that you use, is the working definition in these disputes.

But, then I am the one who is mixed up.

not really

What dictionary are you using to talk about contract terms?

Holding out is defined in the contract, and that definition, not some definition from the dictionary that you use, is the working definition in these disputes.

But, then I am the one who is mixed up.

not really

It's ok if you can't grasp it

• buck
  • Veteran
It's ok if you can't grasp it

was that too complicated?

try one more time.

was that too complicated?

try one more time.

I do not know the answer to that question.

This is all I needed
So Vernon thinks he is jimmy graham,
1. His stats are way lower
2. Vernon actually lines up as a tight end the majority of the time.

My brand!

hurry up and come back to work VD.
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Is VD's stock up or down?

Down as long as he's not playing, not creating more positive buzz for himself, and losing money. That's why I don't understand his angle. Who is going to want to buy stock in a player who isn't going to play?

Does anybody have info on this stock thing that VD is in? Seems like a scam..

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

https://fantex.com/fantex-vernon-davis-215595
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

https://fantex.com/fantex-vernon-davis-215595

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/davis-keeping-eye-graham-ruling-49ers-not-likely-be-swayed

wonder why he's so interested in Graham's brand
Whoa, Maiocco's article on Davis was very compelling:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/davis-keeping-eye-graham-ruling-49ers-not-likely-be-swayed

Basically says that if Davis wants to be paid like a receiver, he's being paid exactly what he should be (he compares him to Eric Decker; stats-wise, they are eerily similar the last couple of years).

edit: sorry if someone has already posted this in here.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Jun 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM ]
Vernon only cares about what's going on with Jimmy Graham because even if Graham gets paid like a receiver, he's still listed as a TE, which will have an impact on the market value of TEs going forward.

If NO caves, it could set a bad precedent to where Tight Ends could argue that because they get more catches and/or yards than a receiver, they should be paid like one.
  • buck
  • Veteran
from MM

the franchise tag for a tight end is $7.035 million. If NFL arbitrator Stephen Burbank rules Graham he should be classified as a wide receiver, Graham’s franchise salary for this season would leap to $12.312 million.

The two-day hearing concluded on Wednesday. A ruling could come at some point this week. On Sunday, Davis posted a photo of himself with Graham, taking a few months ago, on his Instagram account.

Graham has a strong argument to be viewed as a wide receiver. He lined up 66.6 percent of the time at wide receiver or the slot, according to Pro Football Focus. He spent just 33.3 percent of his snaps as a traditional tight end.

Davis lined up just 9.8 percent of the time as a wide receiver and 22.5 percent in the slot, according to PFF. He was a true tight end on 64.5 percent of his offensive plays last season.

Share 49ersWebzone