Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by buck:
Davis plans to attend 49ers minicamp

Tight end Vernon Davis, who forfeited $200,000 with his failure to take part in the 49ers' offseason program, apparently is not going to lose another $70,000.

Speaking with Comcast SportsNet Bay Area��bquo;��dquo;�s Henry Wofford on 95.7 The Game on Thursday, Davis said he intends to take part in the 49ers' mandatory minicamp next week in Santa Clara.

"You know what? I plan on being there," Davis said. "I plan on being there."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/davis-plans-attend-49ers-minicamp

How magnanimous
people pissed cuz he hinted about missing it,,, pissed cuz he is going to come. funny

Brilliant.

Dang, we tussle sometimes, but you are on the money on this Davis non-hold out.

And if you live in Iowa, you know what tussle means.
I have a feeling the 49ers will eventually give VD an extension, nothing huge in terms of a annual raise, another signing bonus, and 2-3 more years. I would like it if the team came out and did that for VD and gave Staley a new deal then just came out and said that they would do what was right for players who are there and working. Force Boone to come to work, then and only then negotiate a new deal with him. I agree he deserves it, but look at Staley, he wants a new deal & that's barley been reported, VD is going 2 show up, guys on the final year of their deals like Crabtree & Iupati are showing up.
Matt...agree Vernon will get an extension...he's just a year too early. Lots of others Baalke needs to deal with...VD will just have to be patient. If Boone continues to stay away, he's simply opening up an opportunity for Looney to take his spot. Just because he was a starter doesn't mean the Niners owe it to him...Baalke's assembled a ton of competitive talent and may the best man win.
people pissed cuz he hinted about missing it,,, pissed cuz he is going to come. funny

No, it's just because he's acting douchey about the whole thing. In a few months time he seems to have gone back to pre-Singletary VD mindset, speaking random rubbish in the third person.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

No, it's just because he's acting douchey about the whole thing. In a few months time he seems to have gone back to pre-Singletary VD mindset, speaking random rubbish in the third person.

Haters gonna hate
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Davis plans to attend 49ers minicamp

Tight end Vernon Davis, who forfeited $200,000 with his failure to take part in the 49ers' offseason program, apparently is not going to lose another $70,000.

Speaking with Comcast SportsNet Bay Area��bquo;��dquo;�s Henry Wofford on 95.7 The Game on Thursday, Davis said he intends to take part in the 49ers' mandatory minicamp next week in Santa Clara.

"You know what? I plan on being there," Davis said. "I plan on being there."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/davis-plans-attend-49ers-minicamp

How magnanimous

Brilliant.

Dang, we tussle sometimes, but you are on the money on this Davis non-hold out.

And if you live in Iowa, you know what tussle means.
yes , but i did not know how to spell it.. le or el ?
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Haters gonna hate

True, but Vernon makes it hard to be a fan of his. He's done some great things for us, but IMO, he's not in the class of Gronk and Graham. I understand that he has to approach his career a business because its such a short span, but the "brand" nonsense just rubs me the wrong way. This idea that he needs to help his stakeholders irritates me.

I'm leaning towards the hater side with VD. Hate to say it about one of our star players, but it is what it is. If he leaves, so be it. TEs aren't that difficult to replace. Vance needs to step up his game big time though. There's a huge void of talent after Vernon.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
I have a feeling the 49ers will eventually give VD an extension, nothing huge in terms of a annual raise, another signing bonus, and 2-3 more years. I would like it if the team came out and did that for VD and gave Staley a new deal then just came out and said that they would do what was right for players who are there and working. Force Boone to come to work, then and only then negotiate a new deal with him. I agree he deserves it, but look at Staley, he wants a new deal & that's barley been reported, VD is going 2 show up, guys on the final year of their deals like Crabtree & Iupati are showing up.

I agree, if he retains his straight line speed like Moss did, he can retire as a niner.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Vernon Davis on holdout: 'It's all about getting paid'

San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis has taken pen to paper to explain why he's holding out.

Less than a week after saying he'd attend the team's mandatory minicamp, Davis has reversed course, taking over Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback to write: "It's all about getting paid what you deserve. It's not that complicated."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000358834/article/vernon-davis-on-holdout-its-all-about-getting-paid

On Holding Out, Money and that NFC Title Game Loss

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/06/16/vernon-davis-monday-morning-quarterback/4/

Now, I am confused. Well, more confused than normal.
[ Edited by buck on Jun 16, 2014 at 7:15 AM ]

San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis has taken pen to paper to explain why he's holding out.

Less than a week after saying he'd attend the team's mandatory minicamp, Davis has reversed course, taking over Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback to write: "It's all about getting paid what you deserve. It's not that complicated."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000358834/article/vernon-davis-on-holdout-its-all-about-getting-paid

Now, I am confused.

Vernon's confused. He's got people talking in his ears. I guess the Art and Jamba Juice business isn't doing too well.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Now, I am confused.

Vernon's confused. He's got people talking in his ears. I guess the Art and Jamba Juice business isn't doing too well.

Ppl keep labeling this as "VD confirms he'll hold out". I've read that MMQB article 3x and never does he say "I won't be at minicamp or training camp" he explains the hold out & who the hell knows if the SI editor changed up those words (why I'm holding out) from maybe "why I held out" or "why I wasn't at the voluntary minicamps" or whatever. He told a radio station he'd be there, he still might now but all this about him confirming he won't be there simply isn't true if you read the article.

At the end of the day, he might hold out of mandatory minicamp this week, we'll find out tomorrow. But he's not going to take a $30K/day fine by holding out in TC or during the season.
Fine hold out...that's terrific for developing McDonald and Carrier as the H-back!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
luckily for us, we're going 3-4 wr sets way more often. won't need him as much.
  • buck
  • Veteran
He could have written the MMQB article during the time that he was skipping voluntary organized team activities, but skipping those voluntary activities is not holding out.

The last I heard before this MMQB article was published, Davis had indicated that he would show up for the mandatory mini-camp.

Maybe, he has changed his mind.

Vance needs more reps, stat! And he needs to have a JUGS machine in his bedroom that goes off randomly.
Share 49ersWebzone