LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

If the NFL allowed you to start a new franchise, who would you pick to start it

Shop 49ers game tickets

If the NFL allowed you to start a new franchise, who would you pick to start it

Originally posted by Niners99:
oh, btw, everyone who thinks Chris Johnson is better than Adrian Peterson....knows nothing about football.

if youve ever watched AP play, youd notice right away. Chris Johnson is probably number 2, but AP has all around talents you see maybe once a generation. once an era. AP has the talent to be a top 5 RB all time. Johnson does not.

Johnson will probably get hurt in the long run. He is a little guy. Plus he can't run in between the tackles. He is great outside based on his world class speed.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
From these options(And only these), which player would you choose to start your franchise. Technically to be the face of your team and franchise.

your list is missing alot of good players man list should look like this:

A.Peterson
C.Johnson
F.Gore
M.Turner
M.Jones-Drew
A.Johnson
L.Fitzgerald
J.Thomas
D.Ferguson
J.Long
J.Allen
J.Peppers
CB from Oak with weird name
A.Rogers
J.Flacco
M.Ryan
M.Sanchez
P.Manning
T.Brady
D.Brees
P.Rivers
B.Roeth however you spell it
D.Jackson
J.Beason
M.Williams
oh, btw, everyone who thinks Chris Johnson is better than Adrian Peterson....knows nothing about football.

if youve ever watched AP play, youd notice right away. Chris Johnson is probably number 2, but AP has all around talents you see maybe once a generation. once an era. AP has the talent to be a top 5 RB all time. Johnson does not.

just listen to NFL players talk about AP, they are naming him amongst the greats of all time
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Well I only see one franchise QB on the list so I'll go with Rodgers.

I'd take Flacco over Rodgers in a heart beat.
Everything starts with the QB give me Flacco then I draft a LT
Brian Jennings

I disagree. What if CJ is performing the same next year? That means both would have similar 3 years.

AP rookie year - 1341
AP last year - 1760
AP projection this year - 1700

CJ rookie year - 1228
CJ projection this year - on pace for 2000 yards

If CJ has another incredible year next year I'd say they are both head to head
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Johnson will probably get hurt in the long run. He is a little guy. Plus he can't run in between the tackles. He is great outside based on his world class speed.

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Ditto. Apparently SanDiego missed Monday night's game vs Houston
CJ would be Reggie Bush if he couldn't run between the tackles.

Also I don't get the impression that AD has very good vision, or else he wouldn't have to break so many tackles. He kind of just jams it up at the line and then dominates tacklers because of his unreal ability.

Coach: Cowher
Offense: Peterson
Defense: Willis

That simple.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Flacco is easy answer for me. Franchise QBs are hardest to find, and I think Flacco is a better QB than Rodgers. Rodgers is good, but I don't consider him great. If Flacco had Jennings, Driver, James Jones, and Nelson as his Wrs, I think Flacco would put up Pro-Bowl numbers as well.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Dio
  • jrg
  • Veteran
AP
Rodgers. He can pass even with out an OL, which you need on a new team. RB's are easier to find than QB's so Rodgers to start my team. Guys like Cedric Benson, larry johnson are available every year.
Share 49ersWebzone