There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by jones49:
I hate trading high picks but this is a no brainer. Draft a 1st round QB and you don't know what you'll get. Trade a 1st rounder for Kolb and you at least get a good QB with the potential of being great.

Maybe if we had a late first rounder. You are aware that we have the #7 overall pick right?

The reason why he said the words in bold.

Kolb is not worth the 7th pick in the draft. NO WAY.

not even dingletary would trade the 7th overall for kolb
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I hate trading high picks but this is a no brainer. Draft a 1st round QB and you don't know what you'll get. Trade a 1st rounder for Kolb and you at least get a good QB with the potential of being great.

Maybe if we had a late first rounder. You are aware that we have the #7 overall pick right?

I agree, but I was just pointing out what he said.

NO WAY IN HELL! Not for this seasons pick... I'll offer a second rounder. Possible pick next season. Besides i don't like doing deals with the eagles, everyone on the other end gets screwed over. Now, matt cassel was had for a second rounder, and he was actually better looking then kolb.

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 31, 2011 at 21:59:46 ]

It would be a reach for a late first round pick.

Joe Flacco would be worth the #7 overall pick but not Kolb.
Originally posted by dj43:

It would be a reach for a late first round pick.

Joe Flacco would be worth the #7 overall pick but not Kolb.

Flacco is a franchise QB, we would have to trade multiple 1st round picks for that caliber
F$%k Kevin Kolb. I'd be wary of taking ANY Andy Reid QB, especially trading draft picks for them. Kolb showed himself to be the checkdown king and little else, even Eagles fans were pissed at him. Reid gets fantastic performances out of QB's and then they got elsewhere and usually blow chunks ala Jay Feely. I think 49ers would be much better off drafting a guy like Ponder or Dalton than blowing them on Kolb.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/09000d5d81b667be/WK-6-Kevin-Kolb-highlights
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
F$%k Kevin Kolb. I'd be wary of taking ANY Andy Reid QB, especially trading draft picks for them. Kolb showed himself to be the checkdown king and little else, even Eagles fans were pissed at him. Reid gets fantastic performances out of QB's and then they got elsewhere and usually blow chunks ala Jay Feely. I think 49ers would be much better off drafting a guy like Ponder or Dalton than blowing them on Kolb.

we can still get dalton or ponder in the draft. and why don't you offer up a better alternative than just ripping kolb. what's your great idea?
Originally posted by WestCoast:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/09000d5d81b667be/WK-6-Kevin-Kolb-highlights

I remember watching those highlights during the season. Gotta love his touch on some of those passes, right on the money! I think Harbaugh can take a guy like Kolb and get a few good years from him while we develop a rookie to take over as starter down the road. Now, it all comes down to how much we're willing to give up to trade for him. That's for Harbaugh and/or Baalke to decide.

Don't like his throwing motion. A few of the passes were high. Overall not bad but I think they're going to ask for wayyyyyyy too much.
I didn't realize he fumbled the ball so much this past season.
Originally posted by Byisgod:

Don't like his throwing motion. A few of the passes were high. Overall not bad but I think they're going to ask for wayyyyyyy too much.

I'm not a Kolb fan but Rivers has one of the ugliest deliveries in the league but that doesn't stop him from being a great QB.

What I really mean is that we trade the 7th pick and our 2nd rounder for the Eagles 1st rounder and Kolb.
It makes no logical sense to trade ANY pick for Kolb, if you can resign Alex and not give up any picks. Compare Kolb's and Alex's stats this last year, and ask your self who appears to be the better QB. And remember that Kolb was supported by a superior OC and OL.

Don't let your intense hatred of Alex lead you into irrational proposals.
Originally posted by excelsior:
It makes no logical sense to trade ANY pick for Kolb, if you can resign Alex and not give up any picks. Compare Kolb's and Alex's stats this last year, and ask your self who appears to be the better QB. And remember that Kolb was supported by a superior OC and OL.

Don't let your intense hatred of Alex lead you into irrational proposals.

Sorry dude, but you're stupid. Give me the 25% warning, I don't give a s**t.