There are 270 users in the forums

Willis and VD

Shop 49ers game tickets
I hope Willis make it to probowl this year and first team all pro. Any other MLB making noise this year that can make a case and unseat Willis as the best?

I want to see VD make it to probowl this year. Witten, Gonzales and Shockey are on winning teams with comparable stats to VD except for TD. It is going to be tough for him I think. Thoughts?
London Fletcher, David Harris, Kirk Morrison, Jon Beason as always, Brian Cushing, Ray Lewis of course, etc could get in the way for All-Pro.

but i think Willis can get it. still early, but both Lofa Tatupu and D'Qwell Jackson are on IR now, so that helps his chances.
Originally posted by Niners99:
London Fletcher, David Harris, Kirk Morrison, Jon Beason as always, Brian Cushing, Ray Lewis of course, etc could get in the way for All-Pro.

but i think Willis can get it. still early, but both Lofa Tatupu and D'Qwell Jackson are on IR now, so that helps his chances.

Ray Ray plays in the AFC

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Ray Ray plays in the AFC

He’s talking about the Associated Press All-Pro team. This is different than who goes to Honolulu every year in the Pro Bowl. Basically, AP decides who is the best player at each position throughout football. As such, there are players from both the NFC and AFC on it. To be placed on the AP All-Pro team is much more prestigious than just getting the invite to the Pro Bowl.

Here’s an article about it regarding the 2008 All-Pro team: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3821544

[ Edited by fzrdave on Nov 3, 2009 at 17:31:43 ]
Lofton is having a fine season aswell, I think he plays ILB (for ATL).

They both have a chance.
willis is going to the pro bowl based on reputation alone

Vernon has a great shot to go as well
I wanted Lofton a few years back... I think he went right after or a few before we took Rachal. Of course most of us wanted Jackson as well. Lofton seems to be getting tackles but to be dominate you need turnovers/sacks
Willis could go on his rep alone but too bad he is going to be the best lb because of the simple reason that he.....IS THE BEST lb in the game. Tackles, tackles for loss, INT"s sacks passes deflected....he is far and away the best lb in the game.

As far as VD goes, he is doing a great job and should break the single season td record this year and be in the pro bowl as well as the AP.

Let's not forget gore, he should go, even after missing 3 games, he has still ripped off some great runs against at least 8 in the box which not even Petersen faces all the time due to Favre now....so Gore is doing it w/o any help. I say the same about Jones-Drew (i would include Chris Johnson as a rb that always faces 8 or more in the box w/o any help but his OL is among the best in the league whereas Gore and Drew do it pretty much on their own).
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Depends on if they choose TE's based on reputation or performance. Either way Tony G, Jason Witten and Jeremy Shockey are all posting equally good numbers outside of TD's (Shockey is closest to VD at 5).

But VD is def. making a strong case for himself.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Depends on if they choose TE's based on reputation or performance. Either way Tony G, Jason Witten and Jeremy Shockey are all posting equally good numbers outside of TD's (Shockey is closest to VD at 5).

But VD is def. making a strong case for himself.

VD will go. he was a 6th overall pick hyped to be the next Gates. now hes doing it. imo everyone has been waiting to send him. he almost made it last year with a much worse season.

Vernon is there, so is Willis. I'm thinking Franklin is a long shot but he is playing very well in his contract year.
Share 49ersWebzone