LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Chris chambers released

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
SIGN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GEEK
  • Veteran
If Spurlock, Bruce, and Battle aren't 49ers next year, then yes I think we should have interest in Chris Chambers to push Morgan for that #2 spot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GEEK:
If Spurlock, Bruce, and Battle aren't 49ers next year, then yes I think we should have interest in Chris Chambers to push Morgan for that #2 spot.

We won't be able to claim him, losing teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, Rams and Titans will get first dibs.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

We won't be able to claim him, losing teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, Rams and Titans will get first dibs.

I am talking about next year. Most likely, he'll clear wavers and sign a 1 year deal with another team this week.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I am talking about next year. Most likely, he'll clear wavers and sign a 1 year deal with another team this week.

BUT!!! If he is there and no one has claimed him, then release Spurlock and pick him up. Because your right, its a possibility Bruce and Battle might not be here next year. We do need some kind of veteran presence.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
it would be great to see him back in miami. they really need him

It would be great to see him in San Fran. He would take on the savy veteran role with Bruce and Battle most likely gone in the off season.

im sure chambers wouldn't want to be another 4th receiver. he could be a 2nd string wr anywhere else
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
it would be great to see him back in miami. they really need him

It would be great to see him in San Fran. He would take on the savy veteran role with Bruce and Battle most likely gone in the off season.

im sure chambers wouldn't want to be another 4th receiver. he could be a 2nd string wr anywhere else

See, I dunno anymore about that...

Ive always wondered why on such a powerful offense in San Diego with a great running game, a great TE, and a solid QB who can deliver the ball did Chris Chambers not go OFF on teams? They don't double him, they leave him on an island, he was killin it in Miami with guys like AJ Feeley and Jay Fiedler and gettin double teamed too...I just never understood it...I think he might be done...but it doesnt make sense...none at all...

He got benched for Malcom Floyd? Malcom f**kin Floyd? Jesus...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
not a great player by any means, he was always just really average. I could see him going to the Patriots or to Chicago not sure. Maybe returns to Florida and plays for the Jags

Doubt the Pats show interest. Chicago could as a short term gain, but they may look to add a true #1 in the offseason somehow to couple with Hester, Knox, Bennett and Iglesias.

I could see the Rams and Lions in the NFC with some interest and the Raiders, Texans, Jags, Ravens and Dolphins with interest in the AFC (the Parcells regime was not the one who traded him to SD).
Claimed by Chiefs, per Adam Schefter of ESPN.
we need 10 receivers. Get him!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we need 10 receivers. Get him!

That's right, so we can run a 10 receiver set formation....dammit he was picked up by the Chiefs. Nevermind.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Claimed by Chiefs, per Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Would of been perfect for Chicago IMO.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Very surprised someone claimed him off wavers. I thought he'd clear and the Chiefs would sign him for a smaller amount of salary.
Share 49ersWebzone