There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Fisher and Titans could be nearing its end

• Paul
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/01/nashville-might-no-longer-be-big-enough-for-young-and-fisher/

Just crazy to me, if I was an NFL owner looking to change coaches and keep a guy long term I'd def. give Bud Adams a call. He's been there for so long, kinda sad to see how this season has turned out for them
If it came down to keeping Vince Young or Jeff Fisher, I'd keep Fisher. He's one of the best coaches in the game and I just don't think Young has the mind or spirit for the game - he's never going to recapture the mojo he had that night against USC.
boot young... he's a drain on the team
Originally posted by NinerNewbie:

Hey, don't blame him for your winless season! He hasn't even played.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Fisher is an overrated head coach.
Originally posted by GEEK:

THIS. He's had only around 6 winning seasons, and yet is praised like he's one of the greatest coaches ever.
Young looked pretty good today. Maybe he'll do enough to get them some wins and salvage Fisher's job.
Originally posted by strickac:
Young looked pretty good today. Maybe he'll do enough to get them some wins and salvage Fisher's job.

better not win against us
yep I saw the writing on the wall a couple of weeks. Fisher was perfectly happy to let Vince sit down all through a pointless season.....the owner had to step in.....it does not get any clearer that the owner is no longer leaving long term decisions up to the head coach, like he had in the past.
My wife is a huge Titans fan. They are the "home team" here if there is such. And it's sad to read stuff like this (the profootballtalk article). Fisher is an icon in Nashville. A standup guy. A good football coach with a track record to prove it.

If I had to pick between him and Young, I wouldn't be able to kick Young's #$$ out fast enough. He'd be gone yesterday.

Next to my beloved Niners, whom I fell in love with as a child (I'm 32 now), the Titans are my fav team. My wife and I go to most of the home games. The only time I root against the Titans is when they play the Niners.

Next weekend, I could have a divorce on my hands.
I don't side with Fisher on the issue of starting Young. I like Fisher, but he's on the wrong side of the fence on this issue.

When the Titans were beginning the season, obviously you start the guy that won 13 games for you last year. Even at 0-4 and 0-5. But now that the Titans are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention pretty much, they have to find out what they have in Young. Is he the guy for the future or is he not?

He's due to make a truck load of money next year. If he's not the guy, they need to cut him. If he's the guy, they have to know now. It's strictly business and dollars and cents. And it makes sense that the owner wants to "drive the car one more time" before he buys it.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
you know he has really had a lot of .500 seasons but he is still a great coach, I'm not sure where he would fit in 2010....the owner has a point though ur 0-6 and ur starting QB is still Kerry Collins, gotta see if Young can still be the guy
Bad deal for him if so.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I've been saying that for YEARS, but living in Nashville I usually get glared at like I just insulted God, Southern hospitality, AND Momma's home cooking! It's not pretty. I even think that Fisher was the reason why Steve McNair was a bit slow to develop. The Titans had been blessed with an incredible GM that got a lot of talent for them (including being responsible for STEALING Chris Hope away from us!!!), and that talent level has covered up a lot of mediocre coaching.

I made my bold prediction two weeks ago, and I'm sticking with it. I forsee Fisher reuniting with Albert Haynesworth next season - in Washington.