There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vince Young maybe starting?

Well, we have all probably heard the reports of Bud adams (titans owner) wanting Young to start. right here

We play the titans after this week and may possibly face VY

I know he isnt a good qb, but he may give that team a spark for that one game.

what do you guys think? Would you rather play kerry collins or VY
I'd rather play Vince, he's much worse.
they might as well their season is over
they might as well give vince young a 2nd chance now.
Bud Adams must want his team to go 0-16.
It's pretty simple really. The Titans' season is over, they have no chance at the playoffs. What they do have though, is a backup QB scheduled to make a LOT of money next year. I'm not sure, but it's somewhere in the area of $8 million, plus a $4 million roster bonus due in June. They have to find out what they have in Vince Young now. If he comes in and shows he can play, then Collins is gone next year. If he comes in and sucks, then he gets cut in the offseason and the Titans use their 1st round pick on a QB.

To answer the question at hand though, I'd rather play against Collins. He has caused HIMSELF to fumble at least twice this year (one of which ending a chance at a comeback win), and looks like a statue in the pocket.
He will have his break out game against us.
I think Fisher may be in trouble then?

Because it is pretty clear Fisher has no confidence in Young and has every intention of cutting him. And had the Titans just been having a dissapointing season that is exactly what would have happened.

BUT

being 0-16 is making the owner perk up and say wait a minute, I am not so sure Fisher is the man anymore.....so I want to see what I have in Young
[ Edited by danimal on Oct 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM ]
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

thats what I am afraid of
Why not? What do they have to lose? Their season is already in the toilet.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Now I might agree that Tennessee could break out of its funk against us but it won't be with Vince Young as the QB!
i rather play young than collins. our secondary SHOULD have a field day against him
Originally posted by danimal:
I think Fisher may be in trouble then?

Because it is pretty clear Fisher has no confidence in Young and has every intention of cutting him. And had the Titans just been having a dissapointing season that is exactly what would have happened.

BUT

being 0-16 is making the owner perk up and say wait a minute, I am not so sure Fisher is the man anymore.....so I want to see what I have in Young

Fisher didn't want to draft Young in the first place, but was over-ruled. But Fisher being in trouble or not, doesn't have anything to do with Young playing really. It's just a money issue. They can't pay a back up $10-12 million to play next season, so they have to see what they have in him now. I think Fisher would be in a lot MORE trouble if he didn't play him - then the season was tanked and they'd still have a difficult decision to make in the offseason at QB.
smith and young making a comeback !
Willis is faster than Young and will end his career if he plays us